Mispackaged Energizers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scrappy

Sep 3, 2007
Kay, I've searched a little through the forums but not found something like my situation-

Today I bought a pack of Energizer e2 Lithium batteries in 2CR5 size, for my new Contax. Of course, having bought a reputable brand from a seemingly innocuous shop, I didn't double check anything.

So when I got home, I took the battery out to try and fit it in the camera, and I realised it wouldn't fit. Closer inspection of the battery's label revealed that the battery was actually a 223 size, not 2CR5 as I'd thought and as was labelled on the packaging.

Anyone have a similar experience? Have I bought some China fake or was it an innocent mistake by Energizer at their factories? I haven't got a receipt and the packaging's open too, so I think my chances of getting an exchange at the shop is....zero.

Kay, I've searched a little through the forums but not found something like my situation-

Today I bought a pack of Energizer e2 Lithium batteries in 2CR5 size, for my new Contax. Of course, having bought a reputable brand from a seemingly innocuous shop, I didn't double check anything.

So when I got home, I took the battery out to try and fit it in the camera, and I realised it wouldn't fit. Closer inspection of the battery's label revealed that the battery was actually a 223 size, not 2CR5 as I'd thought and as was labelled on the packaging.

Anyone have a similar experience? Have I bought some China fake or was it an innocent mistake by Energizer at their factories? I haven't got a receipt and the packaging's open too, so I think my chances of getting an exchange at the shop is....zero.

So the label on the packaging is 2CR5, but the battery is actually 223? If so, no harm goig back to the shop. They could actually get Energizer to do an exchange for them It's just that its a hassle for them to do so, so most would just tell you cannot...;(

If you don't want the hassle, just get another set of battery and move on....:dunno:

Next time, just check first.

I would suggest go back to the same shop, buy another pack, open it then and there. If it is from the same batch, chances are they will also be 223. Then, you will just return the one you had previously bought and ask for either exchange or refund as the evident clearly show that something is wrong with the packing.

Was the shop one of those mama shops or like a reputable chain?

Perhaps it's one of those pirated Energizers.

Status
Not open for further replies.