Minolta Service Center closed from April onwards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skeez

Apr 16, 2002
North
Visit site
Hi,

Just go back my cam from servicing. Got news that the minolta SC will be closed from April onwards. All servicing from then on will be directed to Sony.

Heard that they may stop receiving service request in March in order to clear stocks.
For those who wants to service their stuff. Mai tu liao.:)

Lastly, a big thanks to KMSC for a good job on the service. ;)

Maybe go there recalibrate my kit lens. I've been getting more OOF shots these days. :think:

Wonder if they sell lenses there as well?

BTW, this haw paw technopark, which MRT izzit near at? Buona Vista? :dunno:

jsbn said:
BTW, this haw paw technopark, which MRT izzit near at? Buona Vista? :dunno:

Commonwealth. U can see the centre from the MRT station.

Wonder where would the technician be going. Think they mostly will join Sony since they got the knowledge on repairing the stuff. All the best to the technician over there. Great service from some. :)

kelster said:
wah...like that ah...anyone knows where's Sony service centre?...

Wisma Atria at Orchard Road ... the Sony Gallery, beside Food Republic

:)

Heard that Sony SC is in Tuas, but you can send into any Sony store, which is quite convenient. Just that there are no immediate on the spot checking or feedback though.

Spoken to the friendly technician, a few of the younger technicians has left and join other company, the technicians are affraid of Sony just make use of them a few years to learn the KM repair info skill, then....

I wish them luck.

zcf said:
Heard that Sony SC is in Tuas, but you can send into any Sony store, which is quite convenient. Just that there are no immediate on the spot checking or feedback though.

Spoken to the friendly technician, a few of the younger technicians has left and join other company, the technicians are affraid of Sony just make use of them a few years to learn the KM repair info skill, then....

I wish them luck.

ask them wanna do sideline anot leh, i dun mind pay a good technicians to repair my stuff then to land them on the hands of ppl who tells me that 1 dust in viewfinder must change the entire lens compartment & tell me to live with it...

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
ask them wanna do sideline anot leh, i dun mind pay a good technicians to repair my stuff then to land them on the hands of ppl who tells me that 1 dust in viewfinder must change the entire lens compartment & tell me to live with it...

But problem is that they might have the skill, not the right tools, how? :think:

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
ask them kapo the tools out 1st lor... :bsmilie:

Later become another BIG case liao.

Sad to hear that technician from KM is not longer available. Wonder where they got now. :think:

If I were the technicians, I'd setup and open a shop to repair KM stuff since I've already got the technical skills and knowledge.

The only problematic part would be the hardware availability I guess....

correct me if i'm wrong, but i used to remember that their main service ctr is at haw par technocentre near commonwealth MRT station.

catseye said:
Sorry OT a bit....

like tat looks like KM and Sony forum oso merging in April lah! :bsmilie:
i rather they have a sub-forum under sony for their dslrs....and to keep minolta's name for nostalgia's sake haha

any of you know how much it costs to clean ccd? my A1 always have two dim dots appearing in my photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.