Minolta 5d/7d users... what RAW convertor do you all use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rOnGrEn

Jan 8, 2005
Hougang
Hi guys.... after getting my 5D for almost half a year and alwiz shooting in jpeg... i have decided to try shooting in RAW + jpeg today..

Came back and tried to process using the Dimage Master Lite software provided... and it is wayyy tooooooooooooo slow.... (using a laptop..but normal jpeg processing on photoshop is still at an acceptable speed... is editing Raw files generally slow?)...so... my question is... What other programmes do you guys use to convert 5d's RAW files? Kindly recommend some to me!

Thanx in advance!
-Rongren- :)

I am using photoshop cs2.

I don't open every single raw file, I will look through the small jpeg file and work out which one I want to touch up before I open the raw.

Its quite reasonable in terms of speed. I am working from my laptop sometime... Got Core Duo T2400 spec with 1gb RAM. it is very fast, compared to my older P4 2.8 system PC.

Hart

raw shooter essential..fastest raw convertor ever..:thumbsup:

I use CS2. Sometimes I use Photobrush.

I just got the Raw Shooter Essentials yesterday..

Significantly faster than the dimage master lite... easier to use.. excellent workflow... good tutorial to get me started... adjustments made to the pics are seen almost instantly... and best of all.. ITS FREE!!
haha

thanx all for the recommendation!! :)

rOnGrEn said:
I just got the Raw Shooter Essentials yesterday..

Significantly faster than the dimage master lite... easier to use.. excellent workflow... good tutorial to get me started... adjustments made to the pics are seen almost instantly... and best of all.. ITS FREE!!
haha

thanx all for the recommendation!! :)
glad u like it;)

dr34mc4st3r said:
dunno y but my 5d raw files looked totally off in rawshooter essentials...but in adobe camera raw everything looked alright..weird.

It's the same when I use Photobrush.

Raw shooter has no curves support... hmm.... like that i stick to CS2...

hmm, using adobe lightroom for now.

traumen said:
hmm, using adobe lightroom for now.

That's only for Mac... at the moment that is...

I use SilkyPix Developer Studio. Not free, not cheap, not fast. But has alot of capabilties and support alot of cameras including the KM5D/7D.

Status
Not open for further replies.