Ming

nice..the shots gave me more ideas...

Love the feel of the picture. Nice post processing. Good work :thumbsup:
If you can get a old wooden chair instead of the plastic folding chair for picture #1 will be very nice. I think the model plastic chair doesn't fit well with the theme of the processing...

Oops! My bad! :(

Credit:
princess-of-shadows for her vintage grunge textures

Oh yeah, and great shots :thumbsup::thumbsup:

"I put on a texture, masked out the model and then create another layer to add in bi-color treatment."

I'm not sure on your technique (i'm trying to learn by reproducing your results).
I can't see that you masked out the model, she seems to blend in nicely.
Lastly, what is bi-color treatment? :dunno:

I created a new layer with the texture from princess-of-shadows, opacity reduced, and changed layer mode. flattened the image, created a new layer via copy with a mask, painted out the model, but now don't know what bi-color treatment is :sweat:

Love the feel of the picture. Nice post processing. Good work :thumbsup:
If you can get a old wooden chair instead of the plastic folding chair for picture #1 will be very nice. I think the model plastic chair doesn't fit well with the theme of the processing...

I think so too! Too bad, I could only get my hands on a plastic folding chair in the studio. Just making use of what is available :(

Love the #2 because lighting beautifully sync with the mood of the pic. Hats off.

Oh yeah, and great shots :thumbsup::thumbsup:

"I put on a texture, masked out the model and then create another layer to add in bi-color treatment."

I'm not sure on your technique (i'm trying to learn by reproducing your results).
I can't see that you masked out the model, she seems to blend in nicely.
Lastly, what is bi-color treatment? :dunno:

I created a new layer with the texture from princess-of-shadows, opacity reduced, and changed layer mode. flattened the image, created a new layer via copy with a mask, painted out the model, but now don't know what bi-color treatment is :sweat:

come to think of it, i didn't use princess-of-shadows's textures on this set of photos! :sweat:

anyway, when i masked out the model, i used a large soft brush with probably 60% opacity and 60% flow, thus it kind of blended nicely. should try creating the mask on the texture layer.

to do the bi-color thingy, use a gradient tool on a new layer. choose any two colors that u like and apply the gradient tool on the new layer. then change the layer's blending mode to soft light and adjust the opacity as desired.

come to think of it, i didn't use princess-of-shadows's textures on this set of photos! :sweat:

anyway, when i masked out the model, i used a large soft brush with probably 60% opacity and 60% flow, thus it kind of blended nicely. should try creating the mask on the texture layer.

to do the bi-color thingy, use a gradient tool on a new layer. choose any two colors that u like and apply the gradient tool on the new layer. then change the layer's blending mode to soft light and adjust the opacity as desired.

Ah, well it made sense to do the masking on the texture layer, however her legs in #1 look as if they are part of the texture :think:

Thanks for the detailed PP process, i'll have to take more interesting pics first, so I can try these techniques :thumbsup:

Ah, well it made sense to do the masking on the texture layer, however her legs in #1 look as if they are part of the texture :think:

Thanks for the detailed PP process, i'll have to take more interesting pics first, so I can try these techniques :thumbsup:

It isn't completely masked out. As i mentioned, i was using a 60% opacity brush to paint. So there's still tint of texture overlapping the model.