Midnight at foodstall

noobme

Nov 23, 2011
6383819839_bd4678cb5d_z.jpg

1. In which area is critique or feedback to be given?
Composition, exposure...

2. What were you hoping to achieve with this image?
People's hardworking spirit till midnight time at s11

3. Under what circumstance was the picture taken?
using d90; 18-105mm at around 1am. no post processing done.

I welcome all comments, tips and criticism with appreciation.

Errr. the main subject, the uncle in stripes doesn't seem to be in hard work. A better choice of subject might be the cleaners cleaning the table.

2nd: This scene doesn't tell us it's beyond midnight.

Maybe if shoot from outside the coffeeshop, a worker working under dark environment (at night outside is dark right?) might illustrate your objective better.

Just some 2 cents opinion.

Seems abit too snapshot. Might need to go wider as its not that easy to establish that this is a food stall. Maybe can show the signboard of the stall, as even though the eggs are there we cant see what the man on the left is really doing (pouring the food?) Agree with gundam picture does not tell the title.
One possible alternative if you are trying to show hardworking cooks at night, is go pasar malam and find those ramly burger stall. Can blend in with the crowd and get closer to the food, although I've not tried this myself

The subject needs to be more interesting, or engaging in some way. Reading the title I would expect some more 'action' in the shot. Also there's no hard in post-processing, what matters is the end result. In this case, the BW result seems rather flat out of the camera.