Microsoft Surface!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
excellent!! A whole new meaning to interactive!

excellent!! A whole new meaning to interactive!

yes dude... imagine viwing our pics/videos at table top...and copying music to music player....

after MS/DOS, Microsoft has impressed me now only!! :)

I thought they would do something like that after the movies Minority Report and The Island.

frankly, theres nothing interesting abt this thing....

I thought they would do something like that after the movies Minority Report and The Island.

In fact there's something like the Minority Report thingy in the market already, and it is in Singapore. I've seen it during a shoot recently. It's very very impressive.. There's a sensor hanging away from the screen, and you just need to hover your hand within the sensor area to 'select' photos, and if you don't want, you just 'grab' it and throw out of the screen, it will disappear.

I agree... Microsoft isn't the first one to come out with it. Its something called multi-touch sensor. (touchscreen).

check this out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcKqyn-gUbY&mode=related&search=

Of course microsoft has this surface thing, apple has it on their apple phones, blah blah blah... but it all came from this guy Jeff Han in the video.

Of course, the other upcoming tech is gesturetek. You can check out the N95 ad stands at citylink. Those are gesturetek stuff if i'm not wrong.

In fact there's something like the Minority Report thingy in the market already, and it is in Singapore. I've seen it during a shoot recently. It's very very impressive.. There's a sensor hanging away from the screen, and you just need to hover your hand within the sensor area to 'select' photos, and if you don't want, you just 'grab' it and throw out of the screen, it will disappear.

Where can I buy this??

i saw that on Discovery's "Beyond Tomorrow" sometime like last year or something! The guy that came up with it is making big bucks!!

or more like tiles that can change on command.. :bsmilie:

I assure you that even if they were willing to custom make one for you, it probably wouldn't be worth the price.

Meaning...it isn't popular among general consumers yet?? So if someone can mass produce this and make the price affordable for gadget lovers, then they will be millionaires??

Status
Not open for further replies.