Microsoft Digital Image Pro 9 - viable alternative to PS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

roygoh

Jan 18, 2002
Northwest
Visit site
http://www.microsoft.com/catalog/display.asp?site=11586&subid=22&pg=1

I got it yesterday but have not tried it yet.

It has Unsharp Mask and Levels adjustments. The 2 tools that I used the most on PS.

Here's more information on the features, taken from Microsoft's website:

What's New
Smart erase It's easier to remove unwanted objects like strangers from your photos with Smart Erase

Blending brush eliminates photo flaws for a perfect finish.

Straighten picture easily corrects crooked shots.

Unsharp Mask offers more sharpening precision and user control than ever before.

Gaussian Blur helps create a smoother, more useful blur.

Take your photos on the run. Photos can be resized to fit on most mobile devices.

Auto Collage Print templates makes it easy to print multiple sizes and multiple photos on one page.

50 New filters
including tapestry & backlit provide over 200 ways turn your photos into art.

Improved Features

Mini lab enables you to fix multiple photos at the same time.

Adjust Levels to change lighting & brightness in an entire picture or selected areas.

Standard pricing is US$129.

I have both PS and Image pro on my pc and I use PS 95% for post processing my pics.

The other 5 % on Image pro mainly for spots/particle removal and adding lens flares on the fly.

In another words, the Image pro complements the PS. Got my :devil: copy from JB.

bigmouse said:
I have both PS and Image pro on my pc and I use PS 95% for post processing my pics.

The other 5 % on Image pro mainly for spots/particle removal and adding lens flares on the fly.

In another words, the Image pro complements the PS. Got my :devil: copy from JB.

got my :devil: copy frm k****.

Hi

I used a lot of PS and plug-in. One of my best tools plug-in is AutoFX, Auto Eye 2.0, Photo/Graphic Edges 6 and DreamSuite Series Two. I used a lot of plug-in. Is Fast is Furious. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.