Micro Lens for D80

Status
Not open for further replies.
dun have kit lens.. gave that up and bought the 18-200mm VR lens instead..

Seriously dude, Tripod, VR, 60mm, 105mm, remote trigger etc, are all tools. Its up to the individual (you?) to use them to whichever combination most effective.

If i were you, i'll seriously stop thinking about the lens first and sort out the lighting conditions and shooting distance that is effect for your work, before parting with cash for lens. Probably using proper lighting and your 18-200 at 150-200mm will be a close simulation for the photos you are after.

I have used both the 60 mm and 105 mmVR, and both are optically excellent. The 105 almost cost 3 times more, but in my opinion, the 105mm focal length enables a much more comfortable working distance. VR is not really necessary for macro work , but with it, imo, the 105 becomes a hugely versatile lens, enabling it to be used beyond macro photography.

Seriously dude, Tripod, VR, 60mm, 105mm, remote trigger etc, are all tools. Its up to the individual (you?) to use them to whichever combination most effective.

If i were you, i'll seriously stop thinking about the lens first and sort out the lighting conditions and shooting distance that is effect for your work, before parting with cash for lens. Probably using proper lighting and your 18-200 at 150-200mm will be a close simulation for the photos you are after.

I have used both the 60 mm and 105 mmVR, and both are optically excellent. The 105 almost cost 3 times more, but in my opinion, the 105mm focal length enables a much more comfortable working distance. VR is not really necessary for macro work , but with it, imo, the 105 becomes a hugely versatile lens, enabling it to be used beyond macro photography.

Miles

Agree with you.. my next purchase will be the flash first.. prob the SB 800...

like a lot of experts here said, i need to figure what i shoot most, then go the lenses... but looking at most posts and threads..

some lens are pretty common

1. 50mm 1.4
2. Tamron 90mm or 105mm VR
3. 17-55 or 17 - 35mm lens...

well, it's a matter of time if i am serious about photography and see myself getting better in it, i will buy all the lenses...

I prob need to take things a step at a time....

Thanks for all the advice and insight that everyone gave...

Status
Not open for further replies.