methods of selecting the best lens..

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had nvr tested any of my lens for sharpness when i purchased. For 2nd-hand, i just check physical conditions, take a couple of shots and that's it. The rest of the online purchases, i definitely can't check. But its so far so good.

btw...any ways to make the zooming for tamron more smoother?!..
if can smoothen it...it gonna b a real keeper..

Don't consider this as a kind of disadvantage. Some Tamron and Sigma lenses suffer from "zoom creeping" - because of weight and less tough zoom mechanism.

spray it with some WD40.

ok, don't.

anyways, congrats to you that you found your best lens! :bsmilie:

ar ha..thanks thanks!...took it for a shoot 2day when visitied st andrew's cathedral..the f2.8 is super handy wif the bump of iso setting to 800...coz no flash allows...

I had nvr tested any of my lens for sharpness when i purchased. For 2nd-hand, i just check physical conditions, take a couple of shots and that's it. The rest of the online purchases, i definitely can't check. But its so far so good.

wow..tat's so risky...too bad..i can't afford it not to test...NS boi..poor..if choose e wrong 1..will regret...been hestitated for pass 1 mths plus thinking whether i should upgrade to tamron..stick to kit..or save $300 bux more for 17-40 f4....
haha...

Don't consider this as a kind of disadvantage. Some Tamron and Sigma lenses suffer from "zoom creeping" - because of weight and less tough zoom mechanism.

huh??..zoom creeping referring to?...sorry ar...noob in this "word" term...

cheers all!

huh??..zoom creeping referring to?...sorry ar...noob in this "word" term...
cheers all!

means when pointing downwards the lens will extend its zoom due to the weight and gravity.

means when pointing downwards the lens will extend its zoom due to the weight and gravity.

oic..thanks for explaining....
true true too..my canon 55-250mm IS had this problem when i hood on wif hood...(is it common or can i send in for service??)..

oic..thanks for explaining....
true true too..my canon 55-250mm IS had this problem when i hood on wif hood...(is it common or can i send in for service??)..

You can service it but it will come back. It's a part of wear and tear.

You can service it but it will come back. It's a part of wear and tear.

Oooo..wat a waste then...intend to use the lens for marco wif +4 close up...but it keeps zoom out when i face downward in 45 degree angle...
sad for tat...

Oooo..wat a waste then...intend to use the lens for marco wif +4 close up...but it keeps zoom out when i face downward in 45 degree angle...
sad for tat...

Um. You can just hold the zoom ring and it won't creep.

And it's macro, not marco.

Um. You can just hold the zoom ring and it won't creep.

And it's macro, not marco.

ophs....wrong spelling..
anyway..
morning cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.