Metering from Digital camera and Film SLR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paladin

Jan 18, 2002
SGP
Visit site
Just curious and would appreciate the input:

Is there a difference? I tried with G2 and Canon EOS300. Metered same object , same lighting condition but both cam gives different value..why?

Originally posted by Paladin
Just curious and would appreciate the input:

Is there a difference? I tried with G2 and Canon EOS300. Metered same object , same lighting condition but both cam gives different value..why?

Different cameras have different meters, different metering modes, etc. So it's not surprising to get different readings. Make sure the subject on both is exactly the same though.

If you really want to compare the 2 meters, best way is to use a 18% grey card and fill the frame on both cameras. Using this method, I obtained the same readings on a Nikon F100, Canon D30, Nikon Coolpix 950 and a Minolta Flash Meter IV (incident light meter/flash meter).

Regards
CK

:rbounce: :rbounce: :rbounce:

Also, the ISO settings on the G2 isn't accurate, I recall (ISO 50 isn't exactly ISO 50 on the G2). And what film were you using in your EOS 300?

Originally posted by YSLee
Also, the ISO settings on the G2 isn't accurate, I recall (ISO 50 isn't exactly ISO 50 on the G2). And what film were you using in your EOS 300?

I was using ISO400 filem on my EOS300 and also set my G2 to ISO400.

Status
Not open for further replies.