Met Service says more rain expected in the next 2 weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Goi

ClubSNAP Idol
Staff member
As reported by CNA.

"The Meteorological Service has said more rain is expected in the coming fortnight.

December is typically rainy, but it said this December would be wetter than usual.

So far, 80 percent of the island had already recorded above average rainfall for December, which is about 290 millimetres.

The highest rainfall of about 400mm, or 185 percent above average, fell over the central part of Singapore around Pierce Reservoir.

The eastern and southern parts of Singapore, like Changi and Sentosa, saw the least rainfall.

Generally, wet weather will continue in the next two weeks.

Thundery showers are expected on most days, mainly in the afternoon and early evening.

And the last week of December will be especially wet and windy with widespread monsoon rain."

:(

Originally posted by cillin

Care to share your idea? I worry rain spoil the camera.

I personally is not a fan of street shooting (though I enjoy looking at good street photos), but I've seen works done in inclement weather that are pretty good. Of coz, you have to make sure your camera remains dry (umbrella or something), or shoot from the shade, or people taking shelter from the rain, that sort of thing.

Not a very good example, but here's a panoramic shot by Mr. Tay Kay Chin, a professional photographer.

highstreet.jpg

Regards
CK

Maybe can shoot in B/W, coz most of the b/w that I took wasn't really affected by the rainy weather, and it seems to improve the atmosphere in fact... and potraits look quite alright with the natural diffuser in the sky...

These rainy days seem perfect for night shots. Evening skies like either extreme blue or red.. very nice.

Planned to go Ubin relax 1-2 days, but now whole day rain. Hmm..

Status
Not open for further replies.