Merlion struck by lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dahleeng, we didn't raise money because of the merlion.

We rasied money because we wanted to help the Cyclone Nargis survivors. ;)

what I meant was.... we managed to raise money to help the survivors by making use of the Merlion.

and it is one of the most beautiful things you can find in singapore in the morning, actually.

other than cats. :D

Ya. Without this mascot and backdrop, i doubt no tourists will bother going there to take photos. Shops around won't make a brisk business selling souvenirs and drinks. In fact many things won't happen around that spot without our mascot. :)

what I meant was.... we managed to raise money to help the survivors by making use of the Merlion.

Yeah, we did use that lion quite a bit and the merlioning image stuck for quite awhile. I'm sure John would fondly recall that image! :bsmilie:

i think that would belong to the "too much information, i really don't need to know it" department.

i think that would belong to the "too much information, i really don't need to know it" department.

ROTFL!

I think some were close to that state as well ... especially after the drinking games! :sweat:

ROTFL!

I think some were close to that state as well ... especially after the drinking games! :sweat:

what drinking games?!?!! i don't recall any... :devil:

Singapore has plenty of lightnings and it is not surprising that this happened.

Anyway, they probably should install more effective lightning arrestors on nearby buildings moving forward.

its a small incident. as for the omen, well, we dont need this as a sign. the bad stuff are already happening and large banks had already saw it coming before selling their shares at a steal

hahhaa i think no one really need any reminders.

Actually, many of us fondly recall that crazy drunken stupor! I've heard it mentioned on more than one occassion - with BEEG GRINZ on people's faces! :devil: :cool:

Singapore has plenty of lightnings and it is not surprising that this happened.

Anyway, they probably should install more effective lightning arrestors on nearby buildings moving forward.

its a small incident. as for the omen, well, we dont need this as a sign. the bad stuff are already happening and large banks had already saw it coming before selling their shares at a steal

Singapore style. Wait till something bad happens then put in precautions.

Actually, many of us fondly recall that crazy drunken stupor! I've heard it mentioned on more than one occassion - with BEEG GRINZ on people's faces! :devil: :cool:

i am so sure there is no such happenings i had attended... :dunno:
I am pretty sure EVERYONE was sober. :angel:

I don't see what's the big deal since SG is one of the most lightning prone cities in the world. :dunno::dunno::dunno:

Merlion is a manufactured mascot.

What's the big deal of an observation tower being struck by lighning, when HDBs, office towers are struck by lightning all the time? All because it's the merlion?

Last edited:
Which one?

The only mascot in the world tat vomits into the waters.... And previously it was the sea (or river), now it's only a reservoir (in name) which serves no other purpose....

I don't see what's the big deal since SG is one of the most lightning prone cities in the world. :dunno::dunno::dunno:

maybe it meant that Singapore will be the frist to recover!!! :)
breaking away the pieces of recession, just because we are the lucky one whose mascot got struck by the ONE up there.

i am so sure there is no such happenings i had attended... :dunno:
I am pretty sure EVERYONE was sober. :angel:

Yeah, I'm sure as well! :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

The only mascot in the world tat vomits into the waters.... And previously it was the sea (or river), now it's only a reservoir (in name) which serves no other purpose....

Hmm ...

maybe it meant that Singapore will be the frist to recover!!! :)
breaking away the pieces of recession, just because we are the lucky one whose mascot got struck by the ONE up there.

And I suppose the Parisians have it worse since Eiffel Tower is the tallest thing as far as the eye can see there. :sweat:

And I suppose the Parisians have it worse since Eiffel Tower is the tallest thing as far as the eye can see there. :sweat:

i am a stupid woman with not much knowledge.... what do i know? :embrass:

Status
Not open for further replies.