Memory cards and lens

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried Quekky's Lexar WA 40x 1GB today. Surprisingly it worked much slower than my Hagiwara (orange colour) 512mb CF in terms of reading speed. The writing time was around the same. :dunno:

http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/multi_page.asp?cid=6007-6816

with my 40x WA 1GB, i can write 380 jpeg large on 1GB. i'm able to take 12 frames at 3fps, after which it take at 2fps continuously. a faster card is proberly better, i tried those 20x cards and i cant take it, too slow liao (at writing and reading)

supposely if u use 80x card, u can take 3fps continuously till the card is full

i can let u try out my cam and card if u wan, as well as other cards if u are able to borrow them.

nicholaslee said:
I tried Quekky's Lexar WA 40x 1GB today. Surprisingly it worked much slower than my Hagiwara (orange colour) 512mb CF in terms of reading speed. The writing time was around the same. :dunno:
coz yours is 300d and u're reading my jpg lah

Witness said:
hehe....bought on scandisk 60x 1gb...

That's quite crazy of u... 60x is quite redundant because you're not using high FPS bodies like MKII...

behyx said:
That's quite crazy of u... 60x is quite redundant because you're not using high FPS bodies like MKII...

His D70 is able to take good advantage of the Scandisk Ultra II. Check rob galbriath's website, the CF database. It allows you to take more pics at 3fps before the buffer gets filled, and also shooting burst in RAW mode is actually practical (the activity LED stays on for only 4 seconds after 4 frames and you are able to burst another 4, or you can shoot in RAW at 1fps continuously until the card is full). Whether or not the photog can use this kind of flexibility really depends on what he's shooting. Basically i make use of this by shooting off at least 18 frames (6 sec) 3fps max quality jpg for birding shots, and thereafter about 2fps till the card fills.....

Another practical use is the bride throwing the bridal bouquet to the sisters for my weddings. :) Also used it to good effect in a celebrity shoot, even as an official photog with pass you will need very extended durations of burst in some instances (but no need fast 8fps).

Status
Not open for further replies.