Memories of Norway

# 2 Langfoss

Interesting because this waterfall is right smack beside the main road. Carpark with visitor hut and toilets opposite, there is an underpass to cross over to the side of the waterfall. The road has an automatic toll and we had to pay twice to get in and then turn out again. However there seem to be a small clearing for parking before the toll, and one can probably park before the toll and walk along the road up the waterfall. ( I think less than 200 metre )

Much of the perimeter is fenced though, viewing area is limited.

6956319130_3a99d918b1_c.jpg

Lovely shot !!! Looking forward to more photos !!! :D

Nice, I guess we can look forward to driving and timelapse videos too? :)
Did you wish for something longer when you were there?
#8 is perfect, I can almost picture myself there

your shots are getting better each time..... thanks for sharing them here...

Billy

Thanks much Sifu Billy, all of us learn along the way

Lovely shot !!! Looking forward to more photos !!! :D

Thanks Justintime!

Nice, I guess we can look forward to driving and timelapse videos too? :)
Did you wish for something longer when you were there?
#8 is perfect, I can almost picture myself there

Hi brudder, I am a novice in this time lapse thing though, will need to figure how to string them up into a video.
Wish for something more? definitely. But my camera bag is already too heavy! Landscape wise I am usually quite comfortable up to 85mm. People shooting I fall back on the wides.

Here is one in 85mm. Tilted - cannot resist my obsession, but I promise to be sparing this time

# 9
Geiranger

7109421771_482f97e2d5_b.jpg

Beautiful pictures and wonderful travel descriptions... How I wish I can go to Norway some day... ;p

your thread is featured in the Clubsnap Photography Forum FB page

ClubSNAP Photography Community | Facebook

more images !!! :)

Many thanks Sir!

Beautiful pictures and wonderful travel descriptions... How I wish I can go to Norway some day... ;p

Thank you dear silence. Nxt yr perhaps ? Aurora will be intense

# 10

Bryggen i Bergen. Bergen, the city of rain, and so it did on our short visit there.
We dropped by Bergen on the week of Easter and as expected most of the places were closed. We stayed over To Søstre Guesthouse with an amazing host. According to her, norwegians love to cook and eat together as a family, and restaurants / eating out is not part of their culture. Off season + Easter week = almost all restaurants closed. Even the chinese restaurants were closed. We had a quick bite in a kebab shop opened by a migrated Iraqi family *( superb food btw ), bought some groceries and whipped up our own spaghetti feast.

Along with an umbrella, a stitch of 3, a view of Bryggen from the other end of the harbour that night.

6963349734_b134082605_b.jpg

I love ur TS shots. Surely #10 demands the same attention? Very beautiful photos.

I love ur TS shots. Surely #10 demands the same attention? Very beautiful photos.

Thank you fibredrive for your kind words!

# 11

Lofoten . Ramberg beach
A little peculiar that a seemingly nice stretch of fine sandy beach should be surrounded almost 360 by snow covered mountains and hills.

7112400825_acf940c815_c.jpg

Last edited:
Nice Pictures! Great job in that 20+ days of hardwork driving and shooting. :)
Will be in Norway in June, hope the weather is kind to me.

Nice Pictures! Great job in that 20+ days of hardwork driving and shooting. :)
Will be in Norway in June, hope the weather is kind to me.

Weather should be amazing not to mention the midnight sun, and coinciding the tourism season most of the activities, hiking trails, food etc should not be an issue.

# 12

2 devils on a trip to Hell, me on the .. left.
Hell is a small village that is a slight offshoot from the main E6 expressway. It has gotten a little fame from its name. In the current Norge, hell means "luck"
There issn't much of thing there to do except to take some shots with the interesting signages at the rail station.

7112811815_50f1dabf74_c.jpg

Last edited:
Support.
Nice travel photos. THanks for sharing.

Beautiful collection so far...enjoying every images.

Looking forward for more

Panoramic view of Bergen from top of 320m tall Mt Fløyen . We took the popular tram the Fløibanen Funicular up the mountain, and chose to hike down that late evening. We took almost an hr to walk down in near darkness, snow, rain.. but it was fun and cold! Our brief descent instructions by the station staff " when you hit a junction, always take the right " We reckon it will be disastrous to be lost on Fløyen that night. We were not the latest that night. A group of korean gals stayed even later than us.

The spanish family that stayed in the same guesthouse as us claimed to have taken more than an hr hiking up.

We took the second last ride up ( please check the schedule, runs much later hrs in summer but limited times in holidays or off peak ) We were kinda lucky it was operating even in the week of Easter. Last ride back was 9pm but we decided to stay abit longer and chose to walk down instead.

It fogged and rained a few times when we were up there, and sometimes visibility was almost zero from fog/cloud cover. The frequent winds cleared it intermittently and I took the shot as much as it was visible.

# 14

6969376732_edd7282171_b.jpg

A short video of the way up Mt Fløyen via the Fløibanen Funicular . Music was the chart topper of Norway, played on the radio 2-3 x everyday while we were on the road. Not too auspicious a song for holiday
[video=youtube;Ygz1RcJIVQc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ygz1RcJIVQc[/video]

Norway seems such a distant dream and your photos make that dream come true...:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Wonderful images, as usual. Thanks for sharing. Hungry for more :bsmilie:

Norway seems such a distant dream and your photos make that dream come true...:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Wonderful images, as usual. Thanks for sharing. Hungry for more :bsmilie:

Hi dear asterixsg thanks for the kind comments. Planning for Norway trip in summer would probably be as easy as planning an NZ drive I think. But on the whole I still find Iceland more beautiful .

# 15

Lofoten is a group of beautiful islands above the Artic circle. We spent 5 days of our trip in Lofoten, staying in Reine ( in Reine Rorbuer Rorbuer - Very highly recommend. A very self contained converted fisherman's hut by the sea ) and later in Svolvær ( in Rica hotel - restaurant offers a wide range of Norwegian local food - cod's tongue, Minsk beef, game reindeer etc .. ). Lofoten can either be reached via ferry or a longer drive from Narvik via E6->E10 into Lofoten. We took the long ferry ride from Bodoe to Moskenes. There might be other ferries bringing passengers from mainland Norway across to other parts of Lofoten in summer

Lofoten, Sakrisoya in the evening
6966857386_c525f98b43_c.jpg

Last edited:
# 16
Lofoten, Sakrisoya in the late evening

7120804355_0e03328db6_c.jpg

Last edited:
Beautiful thread and I enjoyed it. especially #5 which is an awesome piece....... my favorite.

Beautiful thread and I enjoyed it. especially #5 which is an awesome piece....... my favorite.

Many thanks for the kind words :)

# 17

Large stretches of hjell for drying of stockfish. Lofoten
Climate in Lofoten is supposed to be the best in Northern Norway for drying stockfish, with the product quality not reproducible in other parts of the world. Drying is only done from February to May where the temperature is not too hot and bacterial growth is retarded. But it is still pretty smelly to walk under one of them. Taste and consistency is not too bad actually, but I much prefer fresh fish.

This was one of the larger stretches I came across, and they had some sorta scarecrows but did not seem to be effective against the gulls. The seagulls did not seem particularly attracted to the dried fishes either, probably more of a deterrence when the fish were fresher and had more moisture in them.

7120804721_f710cb1744_b.jpg

Last edited:
Thx guys

# 5
Geiranger, a small village in the heart of Geirangerfjord ( a UNESCO World Heritage site )
Amazingly beautiful. According to the reception the area was actually much green in spring, but a heavy snowfall over an earlier weekend converted everything white, dashing our plans for hiking around the area.

Taken from near our cottage in the evening at the freezing edge of the water.

6927798450_7618ef212f_b.jpg

# 8

Geiranger, with the 11 hairpin loops that drives up to the Ørnesvingen vantage point. Our lodging was a small cottage at the foot of the 11 bends ( one of the small tiny red dots ).

We took the shot from opposite after managing to locate a small almost dirt beaten track drive from the local grocery store. Windless, near perfectly still waters in the evening, so silent my own heartbeat was almost audible.

6963347870_5cd7692bdb_b.jpg

Did u take the ferry from Geirangerfjord to Hellesyt. Geirangerfjord is indeed one of the most romantic hideaway which I would really love to go in near future. #8 is really "silent", almost near dead silence.

# 7

Stockfish drying on a traditional hjell, Henningsvær, Lofoten. The place was purposefully visited in the evening in a hope to catch the small traditional fishing village of Henningsvær during sunset.

7106155475_04ca88d30d_b.jpg

Really viking style. Do you find their fish too much for our stomach to take?