Mazda test driver who killed the sales woman exposed ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man charged for causing death of sales agent during test drive
April 23, 2007, 11.53 am (Singapore time)
THE man who caused the death of a sales consultant two years ago while test driving a sports car has finally been charged with reckless driving.
Regan Lee Da Wen, 26, appeared at the Subordinate Court on Monday, 18 months after the fatal accident.
Lee was test-driving the high-performance Mazda MX-5 in October 2005 with sales agent 22-year-old Angela He Xueli seated beside him.
He was travelling along Upper Paya Lebar Road towards Bartley Road when he lost control of the vehicle.
The car hit a central road divider, crashing into a black BMW, then flipping over and colliding into an oncoming mini-van.
The crash killed Ms He.
Lee was expressionless when the charge of reckless driving causing death, was read to him.
Straits Times Interactive understands that civil suits have also been filed against Lee by the victim's family and possibly other parties.
Lee has been granted bail of $10,000.
If convicted under the Road Traffic Act, Lee could be jailed up to 5 years.
Speaking to Straits Times Interactive, Lee's lawyer, Julian Tay, said his client has been haunted by the incident.
Mr Tay said he is unaware if Lee's license has been revoked but said he knows that Lee is 'no longer driving'. Lee's pre-trial conference has been set for June 18.

such a nice coincidence. just after the press released such things he gets charged.

If Regan Lee Da Wen was not exposed through a car forum by one of it's member this year, the question remains whether will he be ever be charged ?

I'm not sure why the authorities are dragging their feet with this case.

If Regan Lee Da Wen was not exposed through a car forum by one of it's member this year, the question remains whether will he be ever be charged ?

I'm not sure why the authorities are dragging their feet with this case.

true, y? :think:

we see all other cases prosecuted so fast except this...

Speaking to Straits Times Interactive, Lee's lawyer, Julian Tay, said his client has been haunted by the incident.
Mr Tay said he is unaware if Lee's license has been revoked but said he knows that Lee is 'no longer driving'. Lee's pre-trial conference has been set for June 18.

I wounder how true this is.
I though he was on another car forum saying he wanted to buy another performance car? Let hope the TP have records of him caught speeding during the last 18 mths!!! :angry:

I though he was on another car forum saying he wanted to buy another performance car? Let hope the TP have records of him caught speeding during the last 18 mths!!! :angry:

haha

tat one is a politically correct answer by the lawyer. he's doing his job but not doing his homework and revision! :bsmilie:

haha

tat one is a politically correct answer by the lawyer. he's doing his job but not doing his homework and revision! :bsmilie:

Hahaha, yeah you're right. If he didn't say that I guess he woun't be representing this Mr Lee, right?

Anyway, let's just hope the AG's office have done their homework, given they have 18 mths to do so.

Hahaha, yeah you're right. If he didn't say that I guess he woun't be representing this Mr Lee, right?

Anyway, let's just hope the AG's office have done their homework, given they have 18 mths to do so.

the lawyer didn't read up on mycarforim which had the young punk talking abt buying a new car! and the newpaper team followed the young punk to his workplace and saw the mentioned car which was the young punk's. obviously he's been driving.... .... :bsmilie:

ttz how a world class legal system works?... :sweat:

The AG should just follow this thread. ;)

yah rite...no longer driving? lawyer are good at twisting their words...

fiatsc5.png

He was trying to sell his rims 2 mths ago and also claimed that he can speed at 205km/h with those rims, he even posted pictures of his cars and the phone number (which i have censored), matches the phone number posted elsewhere.

i dun think internet posting can become evident as i can also say that i ever cycle at 100km/h along punggol road :bsmilie:

Now, when is christopher Lee going to to jail? :dunno:

So long already....he is still enjoying life.... :think:

Now, when is christopher Lee going to to jail? :dunno:

So long already....he is still enjoying life.... :think:

Hmm start another thread for the AG to see?? :think:

More details
www.straitstimes.com said:
April 24, 2007
TEST-DRIVE CRASH
Driver charged with causing death of car saleswoman
SOME 18 months after a young car saleswoman died, the man who had test-driven the sports car involved in the fatal accident appeared in court yesterday.
Regan Lee Da Wen, 26, was charged with causing sales consultant Angelia He Xueli's death by dangerous driving.
Ms He, 22, died after the Mazda MX-5 open-top convertible flipped over in an accident along Upper Paya Lebar Road on Oct 29, 2005.
Lee, a warehouse supervisor, allegedly drove the two-seater car at speed, causing it to veer towards the right, mount a centre island and go onto the opposite side before hitting a black BMW.
It then flipped over and hit a van. Ms He, who had been at the job for about four months, died about an hour later in hospital.
Lee was recently in the news when he put an Internet posting in mycarforum.com last month asking car enthusiasts for advice on two high-performance cars he was eyeing - a Volkswagen Golf GTI and a Subaru WRX STI-S.
Someone eventually recalled that he might be the driver in the accident which killed Ms He. It became a hotly debate issue, with angry postings even spilling into other forums such as Sammybov.com and Hardwarezone.
As the debate raged, Hardwarezone's current affairs section had some 63,000 views - more than 50 times the average number that other topics in the section usually attract.
The charge against Lee, under the Road Traffic Act, carries a mandatory jail sentence of up to five years.
Yesterday, Lee was sombre when the charge was read to him.
The prosecution sought bail of $15,000. Lee's lawyer, Mr Justin Tay, sought to reduce it to $8,000.
District Judge Danielle Yeow set it at $10,000. The case was fixed for a pre-trial conference on June 18.
Following the Internet debate last month, Straits Times reader Edmund Khoo Kim Hock expressed dismay on the Forum page that the case had dragged on for 17 months without anyone being charged.
In her reply, the Singapore Police Force's Assistant Director (Media Relations) Audrey Ang said the time taken to investigate traffic accidents will vary, depending on the number of persons to be interviewed, their availability and the evidence that needs to be gathered.
She said there was no minimum or maximum time limit for investigations. In more complex cases, the investigations may stretch more than a year, she said.
elena@sph.com.sg

Status
Not open for further replies.