Mating Damsels

Status
Not open for further replies.

asturias105

Dec 18, 2004
photobloglww.orgfree.com
Hi, first time able to see damselflies mating! Captured a few pictures.

tn_130305mating2.jpg

tn_130305mating.jpg

tn_130305mating4.jpg

Kind of disappointed, as I couldn't get the two damselflies in the first pic to be focused together. Also, muddy pond made a lousy background. :dunno:

Anyway, hope u enjoy.. Comments appreciated! :)

fengwei said:
Oh man, that's a hard pose to mate ;) Nice catch there.

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks. The blue damsel must be rather excited, judging from his spreaded-out wings :bsmilie:

Anyway, you have any ideas of where to shoot better pics of damselflies? Amk garden's pond is just too brown.. :(

Kind of disappointed, as I couldn't get the two damselflies in the first pic to be focused together. Also, muddy pond made a lousy background.

Nice catch!!! please dun be dissappointed. Better to have something than nothing at all ;)

nice catch nice catch... very good already... much much better than me heh.. :eek:

:thumbsup: :thumsbup:

Nice shots

try to compose lower angle ( like insect view ) and your setup perpendicular to objects to increase DOF.

Thanks guys for your comments!

Thanks megaweb for your advice. It was a tough shot as I was at the edge of the pond. A bit lower and I would slip in. Anyway, can you recommend some good places to shoot damselflies? thanks!

asturias105 said:
Thanks guys for your comments!

Thanks megaweb for your advice. It was a tough shot as I was at the edge of the pond. A bit lower and I would slip in. Anyway, can you recommend some good places to shoot damselflies? thanks!
Depend on luck to shoot these insects. Used to find them at Mash Gardens or Planthouse of Botanic Gardens.

Status
Not open for further replies.