Marina Barrage-Official Opening

Status
Not open for further replies.

Estherfu

Feb 28, 2008
Bukit Timah
www.estherfu.blogspot.com
Chanced upon the official opening of the Barrage.
Thought I will (brave myself to) share some pictures, adding to the other collections.
My virgin Thread, beside the critique pic last week. "Low vision" at IT, so spent more time trying to upload/resize/"PS"..than the photo outing.
C & Cs are most welcomed.
Thank you for viewing in advance.

MBCS1.jpg

#2.
MBCS2.jpg

#3.
MBCS4.jpg

#4.
MBCS5.jpg

#5.
MBCS3.jpg

Your WB seems to be off. :)

the area in the 4th pic is a nice place!

hi esther.

as mentioned, the wb is off.
perhaps you can try Auto Color function (shift+ctrl+b), sometimes it might not work then maybe you can play ard with the color balance option (ctrl+b) under image -> adjustments in ps.

there's some slight horizon tilts as well.

nevertheless, thanks for sharing and do continue to post more :)

hi esther.

as mentioned, the wb is off.
perhaps you can try Auto Color function (shift+ctrl+b), sometimes it might not work then maybe you can play ard with the color balance option (ctrl+b) under image -> adjustments in ps.

there's some slight horizon tilts as well.

nevertheless, thanks for sharing and do continue to post more :)

Thanks so much for educating me. I promise to try. There's an inherent problem with my colour perception, in addition to the WB problem.
Hm..GiantCanopy had explained about correcting the horizontal tilt but I 've yet to understand how it works.
TY again.:D

Just got back from Bali.
These subsequent pictures had minimal alteration, except one, to the colour and contrast. I am still struggling with the PS; it's hurting...

MBCS7.jpg

MBCS6.jpg

MBCS10.jpg

MBCS8.jpg

MBCS9.jpg

i much prefer your second set of phots to the first. The composition is more interesting, but the colours are still a little bit flat.
#7 is a bit out of focus (maybe your DOF too thin)
#9 colours not vibrant enough. Not ideal weather?
#10 is my pick of the bunch. Maybe you could have tried to take multiple exposures (bracket) and combine (simple HDR).

Most of your photos looks "grey" / lack of contrast. Perhaps you could try bumping up your contrast to get more impactful shots? We always start somewhere..!

i much prefer your second set of phots to the first. The composition is more interesting, but the colours are still a little bit flat.
#7 is a bit out of focus (maybe your DOF too thin)
#9 colours not vibrant enough. Not ideal weather?
#10 is my pick of the bunch. Maybe you could have tried to take multiple exposures (bracket) and combine (simple HDR).

Thanks for your comments.

Yeah..#7 I used the 50mm prime and I still have problem with Camera shake.

Not going to do anything about the colour/contrast for the time being. I usually work the Pics on my laptop at home and I think I have a problem judging colour and contrast on the small screen. The Pics look kind of different when I'm at my office PC.

#10 Thanks for liking it. Hm....don't really understand "bracket and HDR" I think my son was trying to explain to me. Need some time for the pre-Alzeimer brain to work. Promise to get to it, at least near it, some day.

XieXie.
EF

#10 Thanks for liking it. Hm....don't really understand "bracket and HDR" I think my son was trying to explain to me. Need some time for the pre-Alzeimer brain to work. Promise to get to it, at least near it, some day.

XieXie.
EF

To bracket is to take a photo from the exact same position (a tripod helps immensely) at a few different exposure settings. Most DSLRs allow auto-bracketing. Turn this function on, mount camera on tripod, activate 'burst' mode of firing, and take 3 or 5 shots of different exposure levels. So some will come out too dark, whilst others will come out too bright.
The "too dark" photo will have some good elements in it. For example, the sky might look better.
The "too bright" photo will probably also have some good elements in it.
The idea is to combine the best bits of each photo together in post-processing (photoshop).
hope that explanation helps!

To bracket is to take a photo from the exact same position (a tripod helps immensely) at a few different exposure settings. Most DSLRs allow auto-bracketing. Turn this function on, mount camera on tripod, activate 'burst' mode of firing, and take 3 or 5 shots of different exposure levels. So some will come out too dark, whilst others will come out too bright.
The "too dark" photo will have some good elements in it. For example, the sky might look better.
The "too bright" photo will probably also have some good elements in it.
The idea is to combine the best bits of each photo together in post-processing (photoshop).
hope that explanation helps!

Thanks+++. Will try.:D
much appreciated..

Spotted this group of school girls outside the Marina Barrage building when I first arrived around 4.30pm. Didn't manage to find out what school they were from. They formed part of the welcoming troupe.

#18 The Flowers

Taken the pic from afar, so it's grainy and blurred. But liked the overlapped images of the flowers and the girls posing for a group photo. Wished I was young again.

girls.jpg

#19 The Beauties

girl23.jpg

#20 Need a model?

GIRL32.jpg

#21 "Ugly Face!"

girl42.jpg

I hope some of them get to see these photos.....although they are not the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.