Manual SLR Recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.
blurblock said:
It should take any K-Mount lenses ..... :D

Gee thanks, know nuts abt K-mounts. you know the general prices? Not too sure that I want to invest anymore in that camera...haha.

Yes, K-mount. There are plentiful out there and the Pentax SMC is amoung the best with it's legendary 7-lays coating. Many other camera brands uses kmount too that make it one of the most popular mount beside the M42.

Best is that u can use modern Kmount lens AF lens, not problem.

coke21 said:
Hey whoelse,

I have the same caera as you. Was wondering what other lenses it takes? YOu have any idea. I only have one basic lens. I started off with that camera and never regretted it. It was a real joy to use!

coke21 said:
Gee thanks, know nuts abt K-mounts. you know the general prices? Not too sure that I want to invest anymore in that camera...haha.

Try the russian lenses ....... (Luring you to the Dark Side ..... ) :) :D --- $60 - $200 USD :)

blurblock said:
Try the russian lenses ....... (Luring you to the Dark Side ..... ) :) :D --- $60 - $200 USD :)

Haha...no money so cannot change sides i think....:D

No lah, most of the Russian len's I have was bot in the price range of $14-24usd.
:D

whoelse said:
No lah, most of the Russian len's I have was bot in the price range of $14-24usd.

Really?...Hmmm we should arrange to meet sometime....;) haha

whoelse said:

Sure? Where did you get it from? Now I am REALLY interested :D

whoelse said:

I second that.....try the Ruskies...cheap & good.
I've a few: Industar, Helios, Jupiters

Like I said ... where did you get the lenses from? I am very interested in that ;)

XXX Boy said:
This body is more expensive than the Nikon FM2 isn't it? :dunno:

the picture shown is the limited edition with f1.2 lens. More than RM10k.

However, you can find a normal 2nd hand old one at the price of around FM2...

with the budget of S$300~400, FM2 is sure not a problem.

I suggest buy FM2 and forget the rest...as FM2 is the current still supported camera by Nikon, with various lenses and accessories for you to choose from. ;)

Kho King said:
the picture shown is the limited edition with f1.2 lens. More than RM10k.

However, you can find a normal 2nd hand old one at the price of around FM2...

with the budget of S$300~400, FM2 is sure not a problem.

I suggest buy FM2 and forget the rest...as FM2 is the current still supported camera by Nikon, with various lenses and accessories for you to choose from. ;)

The Budget for S$300-400 for FM2 is definitely not a problem .... as long as you do not buy a lens...... :D

blurblock said:
Sure? Where did you get it from? Now I am REALLY interested :D

I-61 is a good and cheap 50mm, the I-50 is very small (ori. tessar design) but it's preset n no stopdown ring:
Click here for Industar

Mir-1b is a very good len, Mir-10A is legendary for Russian 28mm which is very sharp and distortion free but kinda big 67mm filter size and not cheap:
Click here for Mir

Jupiter-9 is a must have russian portrait len, go for the MC version:
Click here for J-9

Jupiter-37A, too cheap to own and many said it's a little too sharp:
Click here

Helios-44M, must have. Cheap, natural tonning and even good for portrait:
Click here for Helios-44M

See? Cheap isn't it? Anytime when u have spare $ and feel like buying something. U get full metal len at a price of a novel book or a swensen meal. U getting a piece of fine optics u know? At least another 20yrs of joy to come :D Why spend on eating where most Singaporean r overweight? :D

I own the following :

Mir-1b: mine the the 1958 Grand Prix version
its silver instead of black.
generally ok lens; not used it enough :-(

Jupiter 9 (85mm)
its small for an 85mm
Lens is a bit soft which for some is good for portraits

Helios 44m
this is my favourite
58mm is more verstile focel len
lens is sharp & colors simply beautful

some pics here: http://www.photosig.com/go/photos/view?id=1061903&forward=user

dark

Yes. It's the MC version.
I took out my J-37A to shoot some left over frame last weekend near 4+pm. The sky was quite dark so I have to force myself to shoot 1 stop below the focal length rule. After developing the film, I was amazed by the contrast and resolution. I almost never use len more then 105mm and just trying to finish last three frame so i can send for processing. It's really a fantastic len.

I'm also consider getting a Industar-50-2, it's compact and cheap just for fun.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=3843212122&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

Someone commented in the Zenit newsgroup about this len:
"with lenses like the Helios (and all other lenses of
this type) you can expect an image deformation of about 4%, IIRC
Tessar-types are about 10 times lower. (And amazingly the triplet
has almost no image deformation). Therefor this type of lens is very
recommended for architecture, scientific work, mapping and even
landscapes."

Picture from dark's Helios-44M:
1061903-thumb.jpg

Fantastic Color! Got larger version?
:cool:

I'm toying the idea of getting a cheap 12XP to hang on my neck so I really look odd ball amoung C&N users. Anyone got one to sell? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.