Manual Lenses on 5D MII??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Damien

Apr 14, 2003
Sengkang
Just wondering, any 5DMII users tried using their manual lenses on the new body?

The 5DM1 has got the problem of mirror failing to clear the rear elements of the lens. Anyone can advice if the 5DM2 have the same problem??

The 5DM1 has got the problem of mirror failing to clear the rear elements of the lens. Anyone can advice if the 5DM2 have the same problem??

its too soon to tell, i feel.

I'm using my old Nikon lenses for video. Awesome - finally I can control the aperture; and film like cinema

controlling aperture means only restricting the max aperture right ?

Was this really such a big issue? Lots of users have been using lots of manual lenses on the 5D. Zeiss, Contax, Pentax-Asahi, Nikkor Ai-S, even modified Rokkors.

if it will work with the 5D/1Ds3/canon full-frame cameras, it should work with the 5Dmk2. i don't think there's any radical redesign for the 5Dmk2.

both 5d & 5dmkll have problem using some old manual focus lens via adapter. google the lens that has problem with the 5d & u should be safe.

both 5d & 5dmkll have problem using some old manual focus lens via adapter. google the lens that has problem with the 5d & u should be safe.

Yes, i remembered seeing a couple of threads here discussing the above, cant seem to find them now. :dunno:

I'm using my old Nikon lenses for video. Awesome - finally I can control the aperture; and film like cinema

You can still control the aperture on Canon EF lenses but it's just a heck of a lot easier with manual lenses.

controlling aperture means only restricting the max aperture right ?

Isn't every form of aperture control restricting the max aperture to something smaller? Or perhaps I don't quite understand your question.

this is a pretty good site for contax lens compatibility: http://www.pebbleplace.com/Personal/Contax_db_Specific_Lenses.html
some of my zeiss require a bit of filing down of the aperture lever, but otherwise they all work. you might have some issues with the 18/4?
all m42 lenses (tair, soligors, pentacon, etc.)
you'll have a problem with some Minolta Rokkor's unless u change the mount with a kit
it also varies from camera to camera as the box differs slightly between the 5d2s

Thanks insigma, denniskee and maverickwong.

Seems like most contax cz are ok with 5D. :D

Hi Guys

has anyone change their screen to the EC-L cross split focusing screen ? I know tat e default in the manual book recommended EG-S for manual focusing but was wondering if the EC-L fit the 5D mark 2 as it'll be perfect. Care to share your thoughts thanks in advance !

Status
Not open for further replies.