Manfrotto

gohjialong

Jul 16, 2010
Realise so many people selling manfrotto tripods in the forums these days. What happen to those tripods??? Was thinking of getting one myself man. :think:

Realise so many people selling manfrotto tripods in the forums these days. What happen to those tripods??? Was thinking of getting one myself man. :think:

progression dude...

as you get richer, you tend to want to have a better and lighter tripod. :)

so manfrotto is something like, mid-range?

Nice. Any recommendations better than Manfrotto thats even better value for money? Cos i kinda like the Manfrotto name haha.

Nice. Any recommendations better than Manfrotto thats even better value for money? Cos i kinda like the Manfrotto name haha.

How about Gitzo?

Gitzo and Manfrotto are belong to a same company, Vitec Group - a multinational holding company specialized in supporting professional photographers, broadcasters and filmmakers.

The name does imply the reputation, and my first 2 tripods were Manfrottos. I still have one today, buy sold of the other one and got a Sirui carbon fibre tripod. You can go down to TK Photo to check out their range of CF tripods. I find them very well made for the price that you pay. If you don't like them, TK also as Gitzo tripods. I remember also seeing them sell a Manfrotto 190CX3 at $298.

What about getting a second hand one at the classifieds?

There's nothing wrong with the brand Manfrotto. Perhaps people just wanna offload their tripods to either upgrade/downgrade/exit photography.

What about getting a second hand one at the classifieds?
Nothing wrong with that. What exactly is your concern? Read about tripods, read about weight limits of models. Do your homework and get what you need / what you can afford.

if by brand name alone then, a step up would be gitzo i guess.....but personally, certain line of manfrotto with the right ballhead combi. is better than gitzo......

TK Photo located at Funan Digitallife Mall which floor?Thanks.

good value for money

giottos, manfrotto quality with 1/3 price off, roughly.

unfortunately, not easily available in singapore. :)

Vanguard? Was kinda hooked on getting the Alta Pro series, particularly the Alta Pro 264 AT (Aluminium), with the centre column tilt-able to 180degrees.

Alta-Pro-264AT-3.jpg

And couple it with their BH 50 tripod head.

Nothing wrong with that. What exactly is your concern? Read about tripods, read about weight limits of models. Do your homework and get what you need / what you can afford.

I guess my main concern would be me wanting to get a manfrotto myself but seeing so many people wanting to sell theirs makes me a little insecure about getting one? ya i'll do the read ups!

I guess my main concern would be me wanting to get a manfrotto myself but seeing so many people wanting to sell theirs makes me a little insecure about getting one? ya i'll do the read ups!
Bear in mind the local mentality of getting the newest gadgets. I dare to say a good share of those offering the tripod just want the feeling of getting something new rather than having a real need for it. Similar to cameras. We see so many questions here about 'upgrading cameras' where it is obvious that the owner just don't understand how to utilize the current one and hopes the new one will improve his images by some "magic of new technology".

while what octarine says is true, you do get what you pay for with tripods.

so consider carefully what your budget is, if you can afford a manfrotto and you know that you will use a tripod seriously... then why not go for it.

just , please, don't buy the manfrotto, and then worship it at home on an altar... i know many people who treat their tripods like they are made of tofu. what's the point of buying a tripod to be a slave to it, when it is just a tool for taking photos?

Yeap i get that. Although i too think that manfrotto is a good brand of tripod to have, but i also have enough budget for it and i know what it can do to help me get better photos. The tripod i have now is the one that canon gave me when i got my cam at the IT fair so i thought this upgrade is worthy of.

Once I heard a very good photographer said, if bough a tripod and never use, even it only cost you $1 is also expensive. I agree with him on this.

but I have a little crush on tripods... and still searching for the ultimate tripod.... :p

here are what I have now.. kekekek

DSC_0052_tripods_2009.jpg