Mandarin speaking requirement for job applicants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Typical Sgrean arrogance.
The story that he wasn't even getting past the employment agencies. You obviously haven't tried looking for work before otherwise you would realise that companies now hire employment agencies to do the screening for them.

One person lying is possible but a whole bunch - not likely. You can keep burying your head in the sand but people out there are suffering and you lack of compassion is telling of your character. Like I said - it would be sweet poetic justice to see you w/o a job at 40.
:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

我们都知道真相,不用你一直不直接回答我的逻辑,只顾着说风凉话。
你一直说四十岁的人好可怜,我只知道我生活里四十岁的人都好好的,都很开心。

继续努力!你一直说一样的话,也许久而久之终于会相信你自己的话,我不想跟这样的人多说。

So did Hoya's mummy.

Too bad it didn't go through.

Hoya 这个孩子美吗?
是雄的还是雌的?

(sorry, I used those animal descriptors because I still don't know how to type the chinese character for FEMALE - if anyone knows how to do it, pointers would be much appreciated! ) :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Hoya 这个孩子美吗?
是雄的还是雌的?

(sorry, I used those animal descriptors because I still don't know how to type the chinese character for FEMALE - if anyone knows how to do it, pointers would be much appreciated! ) :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Can't help you there... my Chinese S U C K S....

My job requires Engrish to speak with senior officers.

Singlish to speak with warrant officers.

Hokkien to speak to peers.

Malay to shout drill commands.

Chinese to speak to that ONE ROC PR doing his NS as an RP... not fun that one...

Chinese to speak to that ONE ROC PR doing his NS as an RP... not fun that one...
:nono: What happened to Hainanese, Teochew, Cantonese, Hakka, blah blah blah?

Most tell all the ah beng peng not to forget their roots! :bsmilie:

:nono: What happened to Hainanese, Teochew, Cantonese, Hakka, blah blah blah?

Most tell all the ah beng peng not to forget their roots! :bsmilie:

No no, they all have gathered under the Hokkien banner.

Or else my Indian and Malay enciks have to master more than one dialect... cannot discriminate against the minority. :nono:

And how are you going to speak to the Mexicans in ClubSnap? :bsmilie:

My mommy told me to buy Pentax! :sticktong

So that's translated to be.. 我妈妈叫我买笨的! Right?

Sigh.. without chinese input on PCs, I would never have learnt chinese... I have problems writing and recognising the words.. Spoken is ok for me though... ;p

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

You evil...

Sigh.. without chinese input on PCs, I would never have learnt chinese... I have problems writing and recognising the words.. Spoken is ok for me though... ;p
=(

Ben de?!

Language does not equate to race. You cannot discriminate a person's language. Language is in fact a skill. So if you have the skill, then you are qualified. The language skill is further differentiated by the ability to speak and / write.;)

Language:
English

Spoken:
Fluent

Written:
Fluent

So there is nothing wrong with a company requiring Mandarin speaking staff. Even a non-Chinese staff can speak Mandarin.:)

There have been people of other races who are turned away despite being able to speak Mandarin. :thumbsd:

Hoya 这个孩子美吗?
是雄的还是雌的?

"nv"?

Supposed to be a "u" with 2 dots above. ü sometimes a "v" is used I think... :think:

Language does not equate to race. You cannot discriminate a person's language. Language is in fact a skill. So if you have the skill, then you are qualified. The language skill is further differentiated by the ability to speak and / write.;)

Language:
English

Spoken:
Fluent

Written:
Fluent

So there is nothing wrong with a company requiring Mandarin speaking staff. Even a non-Chinese staff can speak Mandarin.:)

Those that can are few and far between.

In Sg, you are forced to learn your mother language unless you have a special reasons for not doing so. So generally, the races will only know how to speak their mother tongue.

"nv"?

Supposed to be a "u" with 2 dots above. ü sometimes a "v" is used I think... :think:
女女女

OMG YOU THE BEST, BRO! :heart: :heart: :heart:

I just realised that it reads ENVY too. =D How amusing, hehehe.

Why would I want to work for a company which requires a language that I can't speak? Maybe the girl who wrote the letter should look elsewhere. Simple as that. I think there's plenty of jobs out there without Mandarin speaking requirement. I went through 40 interviews before I got a decent one. Never had a problem with the language requirement. Just keep looking and I'm sure there's a job for you. Hey! This is Singapore! Any job also can! :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

On a lighter note, I once worked in a Mandarin speaking office and I didnt understood a single word (with the exceptions of a few commonly used ones). It was great because I didn't have to bother with all the gossips or rumours. Until now, I am wondering how the heck I got the job. Ack! :sweatsm:

Why would I want to work for a company which requires a language that I can't speak? Maybe the girl who wrote the letter should look elsewhere. Simple as that. I think there's plenty of jobs out there without Mandarin speaking requirement. I went through 40 interviews before I got a decent one. Never had a problem with the language requirement. Just keep looking and I'm sure there's a job for you. Hey! This is Singapore! Any job also can! :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

On a lighter note, I once worked in a Mandarin speaking office and I didnt understood a single word (with the exceptions of a few commonly used ones). It was great because I didn't have to bother with all the gossips or rumours. Until now, I am wondering how the heck I got the job. Ack! :sweatsm:

I'm glad you are taking a positive attitude to things.

Status
Not open for further replies.