Manchester United VI: TREBLE DREAM is ALIVE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
thats the DAMN problem.....

because he's not a forward, he's scoring like crazy....

THEN WHAT ARE THE STTTTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPID FORWARDS DOING?!?!?!?!?

KNS ONE......:p

okay lar........better hope those infront find their scoring touch....... else when it comes to CL.......cham liao...

we need them to be so good that they can't just pindown one person...

if we're going to be like the other red team...whereby too much reliance on one person to carry the weight.......sooner or later will fall one.......

the 2 upfronts better WAKE UP THEIR B!(*&$)^%#Q(*&^$(%& IDEA!
:p

heheheh

They are drawing away the defenders so that our non fowards can grab the chance to score!

Who knows this sun Ben may just come on and score!!!:bsmilie::devil:

Glad that the 3 pts secured and Chelsea drop pts. :devil: This Sunday is the day we put Liv firmly in their place, 4h spot! :devil: But they got a weeks rest, so it will be difficult.

Glad that the 3 pts secured and Chelsea drop pts. :devil: This Sunday is the day we put Liv firmly in their place, 4h spot! :devil: But they got a weeks rest, so it will be difficult.

Sometimes mid week rest may not be beneficial.

We are talking about pro athletes and they have to be super fit.

Man U mid week game was a stroll ag Bolton, and to me, the game is like a practice match ;)

Sometimes mid week rest may not be beneficial.

We are talking about pro athletes and they have to be super fit.

Man U mid week game was a stroll ag Bolton, and to me, the game is like a practice match ;)

Anyway, with much quality in dept, we could always rely on those who did not play or came on as substitutes in the Bolton match e.g. Rooney, Giggs, Carrick, Park, Evra, Brown, etc.

Anderson ready for Rafa's men

Having sampled the euphoria that comes with beating Liverpool at Anfield, Reds' midfielder Anderson is hoping for more of the same on Sunday lunchtime when United entertain Rafa Benitez's men at Old Trafford.

The Brazilian was one of the star performers in the 1-0 win back in December courtesy of Carlos Tevez's first half strike.

Anderson says he was fully aware of the importance attached to a United / Liverpool clash even before he joined the Reds, but admits that even he was surprised by the enormity of the rivalry when thrust into the thick of it.

"The atmosphere amongst the two teams and the determination both sides had to win the game at Anfield was unbelievable," he told United Review.

"It’s difficult to describe the emotion that I experienced in that match – it was amazing. And I’m sure it’ll be the same on Sunday."

Anderson has become a firm favourite with the Old Trafford faithful after a string of peerless displays in midfield.

The 19-year-old has been overwhelmed by the support of the fans since joining the Reds last summer and he insists he'll be doing his utmost to ensure they have a happy Easter.

"I find it difficult to describe how it feels to hear the fans sing my name – it’s amazing," he beamed.

"It gives me extra strength on the pitch and makes me want to do my best to repay them for the fantastic support they have shown me. I hope I can do that on Sunday."
:devil:

Simpson out as Nev nears return

United defender Danny Simpson will again taste life in the Championship after being allowed to join Ipswich Town on loan until the end of the season.

The Reds right-back played 14 league games on loan at Sunderland last year, helping Roy Keane's side to win promotion to the top flight.

This season, Simpson has played in eight matches for United but the last of these was at the end of January when he came on as substitute in the FA Cup win over Tottenham. Although he was named in the 16 again for the Manchester derby on 10 February, Danny's opportunities have diminished during March.

“I’ve let Danny Simpson go on loan to Ipswich, a good football team, until the end of the season,” Sir Alex Ferguson announced on Friday morning.

“It’s good for the lad - with Gary Neville coming back, the boy needs games.”

United captain Neville played another 90 minutes for the reserves on Thursday night and now “isn’t far away” from a first-team return according to Sir Alex.

The Reds boss was also pleased to see Mikael Silvestre play for the second string in their 4-1 derby win over Manchester City. Sir Alex said:

“For someone who hasn’t played for seven months, Mikael showed tremendous energy."

Boss hopes for Edwin bonus

Edwin van der Sar could bring his vast experience to bear on Sunday's big match against Liverpool after being rated as "hopeful" by Sir Alex Ferguson.

The Dutch goalkeeper has missed United's last two games, enabling Ben Foster and Tomas Kuszczak to play at Derby and at home to Bolton respectively. Although both shot-stoppers performed well to keep clean sheets in Edwin's absence, the United boss would love to welcome back his number one for such an important fixture.

Sir Alex said before Friday's training session: "We’re waiting to see how Edwin van der Sar and Rio Ferdinand train this morning.

"They both have to train to give me the confidence to play them. I’m doubtful for Rio, I’m hopeful for Edwin. One out of two would be a bonus, given their experience."

Van der Sar has yet to concede a league goal against Liverpool while playing for United. He's faced the Merseysiders six times since his 2005 transfer to Old Trafford and has only been beaten once, by Peter Crouch's FA Cup fifth-round winner at Anfield in 2006.

United's only other injury concern is over Louis Saha, who started the midweek win over Bolton before being replaced on 70 minutes by Wayne Rooney.

"Louis Saha got a knock on Wednesday," said Sir Alex. "We’ll have to see what he’s like this morning. His injury flared up a bit after training yesterday. Otherwise, everyone’s fit."

Sir Alex: I love Liverpool games

The latest blockbuster between United and Liverpool falls on Easter Sunday but St Valentine's Day might have been more appropriate for Sir Alex Ferguson.

The manager has a passion for pitting his wits against United's arch-rivals, in a contest that quickens the pulse like no other match in the calendar.

"I love the Liverpool games, I must admit," said Sir Alex Ferguson on Friday.

"There’s nothing better for me and my players, particularly the older ones who've experienced it many times like Ryan Giggs, Paul Scholes and Rio Ferdinand.

"I think the Liverpool game brings out a certain anticipation in our players and they'll be anticipating a difficult game. Liverpool are very strong defensively and people are talking about the Steven Gerrard and Fernando Torres partnership.

"We know about Gerrard of course, he’s been on the scene for a long time and has also played in many of these derby games. Torres has scored twenty-four goals so far in his first season in the Premier League and I’m sure Rafa’s delighted with that return. We have to do our preparation tactically but if we play to our form, we’ll have a good chance."

Ahead of what some are calling 'Grand Slam Sunday', the United manager acknowledged the later game between the other challengers for the championship, Chelsea and Arsenal.

"The three of us in the title race have all got hard games and none of us are certainties to win. Sunday's results won't be decisive but if we win and Arsenal and Chelsea both lose, it will be a big day for us! But seriously, the team that shows real consistency now will win the league. Hopefully we can do that.”

It will be best if he dun play the few old men tomorrow!:sweat: but doubt so.....

Match Pack: Liverpool

As Sir Alex famously once said, it's squeeky bum time. Matches don't come much bigger than this, and with Chelsea entertaining Arsenal also on Sunday, it could be a decisive weekend in the title race.

Form Guide: Liverpool are the league's form team with six wins and a draw from their last seven games. United, without firing on all cylinders, have taken 25 points from 30 since the turn of the year and currently top the table by three points.

Ins and outs: Edwin van der Sar (groin) missed the Derby and Bolton games, but will hopefully return for this clash. Rio Ferdinand is struggling with a back problem which would be a major blow to United. Liverpool are without long-term injury victims Daniel Agger (ankle) and Andriy Voronin (knee), while Steve Finnan (hamstring) is doubtful.

Star men: Rio's absence could be critical as he relishes United-Liverpool bouts. Otherwise, you can't ignore the goalscoring form of Cristiano Ronaldo and Fernando Torres. The United star's brace against Bolton took his tally to 33 this season - an incredible 15 goals in his last 14 games, compared to Torres who has nine in his last six outings. Elsewhere, United need Wayne Rooney firing in front of goal, while fellow Liverpudlian Steven Gerrard is always dangerous.

Rivals watch: Chelsea v Arsenal (Sunday 16:00 GMT)

It is easy to say Rio Ferdinand is out due to back injury. Then out of nowhere he appears in the line up :bsmilie:

A few seasons ago Man U didnt have Rio Ferdinand and Ruud Van Nisterooy and yet won 1 nil thanks to a first half strike from Rooney. :thumbsup:

It is easy to say Rio Ferdinand is out due to back injury. Then out of nowhere he appears in the line up :bsmilie:

A few seasons ago Man U didnt have Rio Ferdinand and Ruud Van Nisterooy and yet won 1 nil thanks to a first half strike from Rooney. :thumbsup:

I think Rio will play. :devil:

I think Rio will play. :devil:

I am sure Ferdinand will play. Maybe, that part about him being not fully fit for the match is just a ploy by SAF. Anyway, I believe SAF will use the following players:

Rooney, Tevez

Nani, Anderson, Hargreaves, Ronaldo

Evra, Vidic, Ferdinand, Brown

Van der Sar

I am sure Ferdinand will play. Maybe, that part about him being not fully fit for the match is just a ploy by SAF. Anyway, I believe SAF will use the following players:

Rooney, Tevez

Nani, Anderson, Hargreaves, Ronaldo

Evra, Vidic, Ferdinand, Brown

Van der Sar

Carrick and Scholes coming in later for the counter punch :thumbsup:

Carrick and Scholes coming in later for the counter punch :thumbsup:

Yes please. I would rather he not start Scholes at all, like he's been doing lately.

STUPID ROONEY! SHOULD HAVE PUT it away liao!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

so many times liao...

dang....take him off, bring on tevy.... and nani!

and oh yar...liverpool keep arguing ......... that'll only irk the ref more

STUPID ROONEY! SHOULD HAVE PUT it away liao!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

so many times liao...

dang....take him off, bring on tevy.... and nani!

and oh yar...liverpool keep arguing ......... that'll only irk the ref more

Relax

45 min to go and 10 man down at LFC :kiss:

cannot relax lar...

everytime Man U relac...sure draw/lose...

this game they die die have to WIN!

nothing else....

best, score so many that the liber go back begging manure to stop...

really irritating to see looney so lunatic with his strike rate nowadays!
:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.