Man On A Crooked Bench

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuna

Nov 9, 2005
CrookedBench240.jpg

seems interesting with nice composition.
much better than most of the rubbish posted here.

politicalartist said:
seems interesting with nice composition.
much better than most of the rubbish posted here.
i beg to differ on both your points raised.

the white object on the right (ice cream fridge?) is taking too much attention away from the man. so is the umbrella, the van's reflection on top of his head, the book thru the glass, the jacket hanging on the chair of the guest in the cafe.... making my eyes run everywhere.

as for your second point, well, it begs the question: show us your "non-rubbish" for comparison please?

hahahha.i respect your point of view.
sometimes having something taking away or even distracting your eyes is not a bad thing if the photo is meant to be looked at as a whole.
why be so traditional?
This is just a different approach to photography.
I respect your point of view and I hope you will respect mine.
I feel that all the elements in his photograph is balanced.
Does a photograph even need a focal point at all?
If it does, then Garry Winogrand only produces 90% junk.
This is extremely subjective.
Well this is my stuff if you are interested.
matthewteo.deviantart.com
I do not profess my stuff to be non-rubbish. it might be rubbish to you. I dont mind. I will still respect your views. :):thumbsup:

nice.. I like the image.. though I tend to try to scroll to the right.. as though expecting something.. I dont know why..

I on the contrary feel the refrigerator gives an interesting reference point to what is straight.

Also the exposure is well maintained to actually allow good exposure of the man face.

I also like the contrast of environments. The man is obviously wondering when the rain will stop.. as he sits protecting himself from the rain.. while the people in the shop.. all comfy and cosy out of the rain.. enjoy a croissant and tea..

Refrigerator and man - Cold.. Shop and people in the shop.. warm.. cozy.. nice..

I like this image..

Nice picture... I like the different points of focus. And I do agree with gadrian, I tend to scroll to the right. lol
A good change to what we have been viewing.

politicalartist said:
hahahha.i respect your point of view.
sometimes having something taking away or even distracting your eyes is not a bad thing if the photo is meant to be looked at as a whole.
why be so traditional?
This is just a different approach to photography.
I respect your point of view and I hope you will respect mine.
I feel that all the elements in his photograph is balanced.
Does a photograph even need a focal point at all?
If it does, then Garry Winogrand only produces 90% junk.
This is extremely subjective.
Well this is my stuff if you are interested.
matthewteo.deviantart.com
I do not profess my stuff to be non-rubbish. it might be rubbish to you. I dont mind. I will still respect your views. :):thumbsup:

Agree with you. Much of times we are confined to the elements of conduct.

Tuna said:

I for one was first attracted to the man with the umbrella, then to the glass. I find this sort of dark shadowed imaginery fascinating, and particularly captivating. The fridge to me is almost like a counter-weight to the dark and dull feeling over on the left and background.

There are room of improvement, but I like the way you put it.

i like the photo. but i notice that the fridge is more grainy than the rest of the photo. i suppose this is a digital image?

politicalartist: i like wht i see on ur site. very interesting:)

Nice pic. The reason the image is shifted to the left is to include the 2 women talking in the background. To contrast with the guy sitting and thinking by himself.

ah i c...:) i still dunno why it's like tht. mebbe those are some properties of film. anyone care to explain?

it's a nice pic:)

politicalartist: i like wht i see on ur site. very interesting:)[/quote]

my goodness...that is a godamn ncie compliment from you.
As for why it looks like film..
I cannot give you any scientific or cerebral explanations..
all i can say is that it looks more "3D" like me and my film lover freind would say.
thank you for your compliment again.:)

nice, full of mystery...:D

the man on why the umbrella covering part of him...
the van with open door...
reflection of the building...
lady reading book...
2 lady having chit chat...

so what caught your attention to take this photo?

dominator said:
so what caught your attention to take this photo?

Mainly the man - but also instinct. Just something about the scene to make me stop and bring my camera up to my eye.

Tuna

Status
Not open for further replies.