Mamiya rb and rz 67?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kl122002

Apr 16, 2005
I' decided to let my Bronica ETRS to be retired, since the mechanism is getting poor. The spacing between each shoot is not equal.(Somethimes it skip a frame and overlap too!) As a result, I 'm thinking of buying a used Mamiya 67. However, there are too many versions (rb,rb pro, rb pro-s, rb pro-sd, rz...) I really have no idea on them and confused. Can any one give me some suggestion?
Also, I don't the price range of each model, due to the great variance of price in eaby!

Thanks!
----------------
Plus, I tried my friend's Hass CM. But to me, it doesn't sounds very attractive.

hi,

just bought a 2nd hand rb67-pro s, and damn happy with the results. super sharp and great colours; even though the lens that came with the camera had some fungus inside; haha! and no overlapping problem.

get at least a pro-s version as it has some safety locks which help to prevent user errors like accidently removing the film back when the dark slide is not in etc.

i think u should expect to pay at least 600+ for a usable set.

if u want i'll be glad to let u try the camera. can show u the pics too.

weiming.

My friend said the rb and rz 67 cameras use bellow for focusing, and it is very easy to be broken, and let the light comes in, is thhat true?

The RZ was the workhorse of my studio for more than 20 years. Never had problems with the bellow before. If it didn't break even from regular use, it will never break if you take good care of it.

My friend said the rb and rz 67 cameras use bellow for focusing, and it is very easy to be broken, and let the light comes in, is thhat true?

If you stab it with something sharp then yes.. although I don't think that will happen very easily...

I got an RB Pro-S too for about 600+ for a basic set... so far so good.. :)

I read the manual(which found by the internet), and I find there is a distance scale on the lens body, what is that use for?

esp useful for macros and correction of errors

all bellows are easy to be broken if u decide to poke at it with a sharp object regardless of RB or RZ.

the bellows allows u to instantly get a selective focussing plane esp useful in macros on any lens rather than having to buy another lens altogether.

The lenses made by mamiya are extremely sharp too.

Thanks! Also, which lens should I use? 90mm or the 127mm?

For general use, In/outdoor, not in studio.

I think I should have a 90mm lens .
Plus, can rb67 pro s use the lens that is for pro-sd? Also, when I read the manual, I notice that there is a 70mm film back, what is that? Does it mean that I can use 35mm film to take 70mm photo?

I think I should have a 90mm lens .
Plus, can rb67 pro s use the lens that is for pro-sd? Also, when I read the manual, I notice that there is a 70mm film back, what is that? Does it mean that I can use 35mm film to take 70mm photo?

Both RB67 Pro S and Pro SD can share lenses, forget about the 70mm back is juz a longer roll of film that can hardly get in the market. As for the lenses all u need are 55mm wide angle, 90mm standard & 180mm portrait. If u can afford add in a fisheye. RB is a super workhorse for products and wedding portrait for both outdoor n studio shots. Anyway mine is turning to a white elephant, cos i hv switch to digital. Quality wise, of cos is RB. No way a digital can bit RB. Hmm one more advise, get a good solid tripod whenever u go with this RB if u want a real sharp pics. And oso use a mirror lock whenever u r using slow shutter to prevert vibration. Oh ya, one more thing to invest is a good exposure lite metre for both ambian & studio flash. RB don't come with a exposure metre. Happy shooting.

oh, thankyou very much!
I don't think I need a flash meter since I never use flash gun. However, I usually shoot in outdoor, is it better to have a prism finder with a multi angle grip?
Plus, I found that there are many types of lens, e.g. non-C, C, KL, L, N... what is the differences between them? And, if I want to try in a lower cost with a higher quality lens, which one should I use?

Mine are the C lenses. Anyway KL lenses are the better quality lenses made for RB n RZ. Is very X also. Mamiay also made APO lenses but a longer focus length. I am contented with my C lenses. Bear in mind to release your shutter before keeping your lenses into the dry cabin, cos the shutter is builded in the lens itself n not in the camera body. The 180mm is a good length for portriat except too shape, use a soft filter to soften it. There is this book title Mamiya Medium Format Systems by Bob Shell n published by Hove Foto Books. You can find all your answer in there even if u lost your instruction manual. A very useful book for Mamiya medium format camera user.

oh, thankyou very much!
I don't think I need a flash meter since I never use flash gun. However, I usually shoot in outdoor, is it better to have a prism finder with a multi angle grip?
Plus, I found that there are many types of lens, e.g. non-C, C, KL, L, N... what is the differences between them? And, if I want to try in a lower cost with a higher quality lens, which one should I use?

I' decided to let my Bronica ETRS to be retired, since the mechanism is getting poor. The spacing between each shoot is not equal.(Somethimes it skip a frame and overlap too!) As a result, I 'm thinking of buying a used Mamiya 67. However, there are too many versions (rb,rb pro, rb pro-s, rb pro-sd, rz...) I really have no idea on them and confused. Can any one give me some suggestion?
Also, I don't the price range of each model, due to the great variance of price in eaby!

Thanks!
----------------
Plus, I tried my friend's Hass CM. But to me, it doesn't sounds very attractive.

If you want to go square, the ETRS' cousin is superb - the SQ :)

Status
Not open for further replies.