Malaysia - Info about KL

Shen siung

May 21, 2008
Hi all,

Recently went to KL for a trip, gathered some info and made some self suggestion to any CSer that wish to visit there.

1. If you fancy of taking flight, a flight that consider cheap (budget airline) is around S$45-60 one way, inclusive of tax, without luggage. Airport tax leaving SG is usually $28, + $10-15 fare. May not necessary book early; sometimes within 2 weeks time, check Tiger airways for cheap price during mid week for non peak season.
Bus is a better option, since the total time for taking flight is almost the same as taking bus.

2. KL has 2 types of airport terminal - LCCT (tiger airways, Air Asia) and KLIA main terminal (Jetstar, Silkair / SQ, MH). There is a shutter bus (around RM4 one way) ply in between this 2 terminal, but expect to wait for at least 15-20 min.

3. From LCCT, there are a few ways to go KL down town.
i) KLIA Transit - RM12.50. A combination of bus and rapid rail.
A bus will take you from LCCT to Salak Tinggi station, then change to a rail system to reach KL Sentral. Total time about 1 hour, this option is very convenient for those who wants to go TBS which located at Bandar Tasik Selatan (the new bus station that most bus to / from south of M'sia depart / arrive)
Details: The fastest way to Kuala Lumpur International Airport and Kuala Lumpur city center
ii) Bus - various options - skybus, etc. Mostly cost RM9. About 1 hour to reach 'KL Sentral'

4. From KLIA, there is the rapid rail KLIA Express is available, beside taxi. Details: The fastest way to Kuala Lumpur International Airport and Kuala Lumpur city center
Also can take bus, which is cheaper; details: http://www.klia.com.my/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=11

5. Various options to take bus (coach) to / from KL now. Most bus from SG will stop at TBS located at Bandar Tasik Selatan station. Some stop at other locations in KL downtown / klang valley, check with bus company.
At Bandar Tasik Selatan stations, there are 3 types of rail services.
i) KLIA transit to KLIA / LCCT, and KL Sentral another direction. (faster way to reach KL Sentral, but need to wait for the correct timing as the train is less frequent)
ii) LRT (can also reach KL Sentral, more stations and need to change to another line)
ii) KTM Komuter (direct, but KTM Komuter is infamous for its slowness and always breakdown).

6. A few type of coaches leave SG, either from
i) conventionally from Golden mile / Boon Lay place
ii) Aeroline from Habour Front center
iii) First coach from Novena or west cost plaza or near Nicole Highway MRT
iv) and some others

Aeroline provide a few arrival spot such as Sunway pyramid or downtown KL.
Similarly, first coach also gives several options. Check their website.
I personally don’t like the seat of aeroline, maybe just me. But I like they provide the lounge at lower deck, can charge laptop / phone

6. Currently, public bus and rail system in KL is under rapidKL company
Routes | MyRapid
LRT / rail system has been integrated; meaning with a token / ticket, can take rail from 1 end to another end, without the need to exit and purchase new ticket.
The trick is, to change at correct interchange. Read info carefully, if there is available at the station. If not, ask the staff there.

7. As for the info correct at the end of Nov 2012, taxi (red white coloured) run meter (there are some kind of per head count or per journey negotiation type of taxi, a few years back). It starts from a flag down price of RM3.30 (if I remember correctly). I tried 2 different location in downtown, the taxi driver all agreed to use meter.

8. In KL Petaling Street area, beside Pasar Seni LRT (near the central market) there are a few free buses available. I have not check the website, but I took a bus from there back to Bukit Bintang Pavilion. Convenient, and consider fast in non peak hour with no jam.

Thanks. I am thinking of going KL for X'mas. Any nice location for landscapes around Selangor?

Thanks. I am thinking of going KL for X'mas. Any nice location for landscapes around Selangor?

Klang Gates/Bukit Tabur. Ppl do get lost there.

I've heard about Bukit Tabur, it seems fine but you need a local to bring you there.. I do not know how to go there by public transport. Unless you rent a car and drive there.
Broga hill also not bad, the famous 'lalang feel' you can see some sample image from Google. Not so cloas to KL, need to have transport there..
If you are talking about nature landscape Sekinchan is not bad, but also it is a bit far from KL

I've heard about Bukit Tabur, it seems fine but you need a local to bring you there.. I do not know how to go there by public transport. Unless you rent a car and drive there.
Broga hill also not bad, the famous 'lalang feel' you can see some sample image from Google. Not so cloas to KL, need to have transport there..
If you are talking about nature landscape Sekinchan is not bad, but also it is a bit far from KL

In MY, you practically are "crippled" if you have no transport of your own.

In MY, you practically are "crippled" if you have no transport of your own.

Well, still good enough in some town area, as mentioned in the first 2 post about KL. Though, just see a bit less compare to driving

[h=1]Exclusive Sky Shuttle from Singapore to Senai Airport[/h]Introducing the Sky Shuttle, a joint effort between AirAsia and Causeway Link to transport AirAsia guests conveniently to Senai Airport and back!

Book your e-ticket here and save on the usual shuttle fare of S$4!

AirAsia | Latest News | Exclusive Sky Shuttle from Singapore to Senai Airport