Making it friendly

Status
Not open for further replies.

sillyme

Sep 27, 2003
Potong Pasir
Usually an SLR will lead people to think it's a "professional" camera. When I try to get my friend to take pictures of me during holidays, they would tremble in fear :sticktong fearing not how to handle it.

Just wondering, what settings you switch on to make it "idiot-friendly"? Or would you briefly teach your friend to do it (e.g. proper focusing, etc)

If he/she has not used a SLR before and tot a SLR is meant for the professional then just dial it to the "professional" mode lor aka P mode.

I will then ask him/her to compose me in the middle and the docusing point is set to the middle.

That's it.

sillyme said:
Usually an SLR will lead people to think it's a "professional" camera. When I try to get my friend to take pictures of me during holidays, they would tremble in fear :sticktong fearing not how to handle it.

Just wondering, what settings you switch on to make it "idiot-friendly"? Or would you briefly teach your friend to do it (e.g. proper focusing, etc)

use the (P)referred mode :bsmilie:

P mode too..
just Point and Shoot..

but some of my friends who are with me long enough, i will actually tell them breifly how to handle the slr. =) so i can use other modes too.. hehe

tell them to stand where u will be standing, set the exposure for them... turn to manual focus, focus nicely, then ask them to stand at where u r standing. press button, tht's it:) tht's wht i do usually...

tell them to stand where u will be standing, set the exposure for them... turn to manual focus, focus nicely, then ask them to stand at where u r standing. press button, tht's it tht's wht i do usually...
hahaah :thumbsup: that's what i did also.hahahah

tell them also.. don't touch the zoom and all.. just press the shutter release.

Sometimes P mode means Pray also..Pray that he gets it right.
I know someone who had bad experience in this subject. kekek.. paid 2 times to get a shot.. but his friend always focus at the wrong places.. making him BLURRR all the time.. :p (if you reading this.. hor? hor? hahahah)

Status
Not open for further replies.