Making a trip to Borobudur

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bee Hedge

Mar 23, 2004
Singapore
www.thegaleria.com
Dear CSers,

I'm planning to make a trip to Borobudur during CNY. How many days do u think I should spend there? To give u an indication, I've spent 1 week in Angkor temples and I tot it was just nice (I wished I could had stayed a day ot two more).

Regards,
Brian

Try and check with LARRY, one of mods... i think they went there 2 years back?

Usually people won't stay too long in Borobudur, may be one whole day is enough.
People will go Prambanan, Mendut temple instead and stay longer at nearby old Yogyakarta City. This could be better.

Bee Hedge said:
I was thinking like 4-5 days in Yogyakarta and surrounding area. Sufficient?
..I have heard about a dawn trip to the Borobudur, so you can see the sun rises from the top ... pls check with the hotel..
In yogyakarta, visit the Fort Vredenburg, it's very close to Malioboro ..

nemesis32 said:
Try and check with LARRY, one of mods... i think they went there 2 years back?

Are they back yet? :sweatsm: :bsmilie:

Bee Hedge said:
Dear CSers,

I'm planning to make a trip to Borobudur during CNY. How many days do u think I should spend there? To give u an indication, I've spent 1 week in Angkor temples and I tot it was just nice (I wished I could had stayed a day ot two more).

Regards,
Brian

Hi,

If you wanna make a trip to Borobudur, which is at Solo ( Indonesia) then you better be prepared because most or I could say all the food there are sweet, even the egg, the beancurd.

Also, you must choose the right hotel.

Becos my frens jus came back. They said, the hotel only got one remote control for all the aircons in all the hotel rooms. That means, your room got aircon but no remote control for it so when you want to adjust, you must go to the counter and ask for it.

Besides that, the Toilet is extremely small.

So, you must find the right hotel. There is hotel like a palace and the price is not much different from the lousy hotel.

Food is bad ??
Not really la .......
Solo is nice city .... with polite and humble people there. Among Javanese, Solo region is the most soft spoken, and I agree.
Actually there are a lot variety of food there ....
In Solo, you can try their Nasi Liwet, very nice, this one is not sweet or their ayam goreng (fried chicken with spice) oso great.

If you go Yogyakarta, you must try their Nasi Gudeg ( may be they refer to this one which is a bit sweet), but they are nice for sure.... you won't know it until u try it. :) I oso miss it lei, can not find in Singapore hehehehe

Hotel I got no comment, because last time I stay in a budget hotel also and I feel it is quite nice.... because Yogya is one of indon top tourist destination place, so i expect a lotttssssss places to stay with wide price variety.

Ong_23 said:
Hi,

If you wanna make a trip to Borobudur, which is at Solo ( Indonesia) then you better be prepared because most or I could say all the food there are sweet, even the egg, the beancurd.

Also, you must choose the right hotel.

Becos my frens jus came back. They said, the hotel only got one remote control for all the aircons in all the hotel rooms. That means, your room got aircon but no remote control for it so when you want to adjust, you must go to the counter and ask for it.

Besides that, the Toilet is extremely small.

So, you must find the right hotel. There is hotel like a palace and the price is not much different from the lousy hotel.

Status
Not open for further replies.