Maintaining Consistency

Status
Not open for further replies.

seankyh

Nov 30, 2004
Singapore
www.pbase.com
Hi all,

When creating a series of photos to make a gallery, I find it difficult (at least in PS) to maintain the same levels, color saturation and cast for the photos.

I would therefore like to ask the pros here how this is done. Are there any tools in photoshop we can use?

Best regards,
Sean.

Hi all,

When creating a series of photos to make a gallery, I find it difficult (at least in PS) to maintain the same levels, color saturation and cast for the photos.

I would therefore like to ask the pros here how this is done. Are there any tools in photoshop we can use?

Best regards,
Sean.

If you have photoshop CS2, and open BRIDGE. In Bridge, You can open a series/batch of photos(preferably taken under the same light conditions) together.

(1) File > Open files in Camera Raw (select the images you want to edit together)
(2) When you do so, all of the images will be displayed in a film strip view along the left side of Camera Raw.

You can then click the Select All button at the top of the filmstrip and make adjustments that can be applied to all images selected.

(3) when you have finished making your adjustments, click the Select All button again. Then click the Save images button to bring up the Save Options box so you can save all of the images at opnce, or click Open Images to open the selected images in PS.

or record your actions on PS

Thanks for the inputs. I have images that are taken in different lighting conditions. guess its asking for too much to get the same colour tone and saturation across all photos.. the experiment continues!

Thanks for the inputs. I have images that are taken in different lighting conditions. guess its asking for too much to get the same colour tone and saturation across all photos.. the experiment continues!

If that's the case then yes, it's a bit difficult to get them to "feel" the same but not impossible.

That said it's hard to say what to use if we don't see the photographs themselves.

get a LARGE monitor and use workspace>arrange>tile
then u can use levels and color balance to edit each photo in reference to the others

Status
Not open for further replies.