Not open for further replies.

kel77

Apr 22, 2005
Singapore
raylau-photo.com
My share of takes for this shoot. :)

3375551889_61c4a68581_o.jpg

3375124169_f107f5e62c_o.jpg

Thanks...Everyone was perspiring esp Mag!
But the weather was definitely great for shooting.

Nice shots ...............especially #1. ;)

Hmm.... while i think the images are decent... for the first time.... I think the make-up was badly done.....

With Mag... she would have got away with simple foundation and blusher...

Otherwise.. here's my honest comments for the images :)

#1. Hands take up a tad too much attention and could have gone with a wider composition for a greater sense of scale..

#2. Have her lean more at a profile .. rest of the hips while having any one leg extended is much flattering than the current - which makes her look like she's leaning her body off her waist... big big distraction ..... not appealing...

overall.... it's just the BAD makeup that spoils the entire thing...

unfortunately.. that's a shame..

good decent photography though...

'Ejun

honesty i think the make up was overly done esp the eyes! more like a cosplay than a runway bride. make up aside i thought you framing was decent. love to see the morning shots!!!

Last edited:
how come morning shoot dun have hand bouquet for Magdalene one? :bsmilie:

Btw just one suggestion as i mentioned on the shoot also. Do get a bouquet or a red Chinese fan. It will keep the hands occupied

Honestly, I can hardly recognised MAG ... the make up is :sweat:

I always enjoyed looking at Mag's pictures, the clean and demure look have always been captivating. This make-up looks awful on her and I hardly enjoy taking a second look at it.

This shot had a lot of potential but the failure to utilize the light properly led to its demise. But keep shooting anyway... :)

Hi agape01,

Would you be able to give more details on the light utilization u had mentioned? Thanks!

This is how I would have done it.

I would have positioned magdalene in a position where light is hitting her face giving her a nice lighting pattern.

As for framing, I would have moved to the right to take the background out and just show the background of the columns. I would also have moved in a little closer.

But since this is most likely a group shoot, I guess you couldn't give much personal direction.

Hi kel77,

Thanks for sharing. IMHO, your series has the best potential so far.

I always like a pic like this but there are a few things I would like to share. Correct me if I am wrong.

1. The facial profile, shoulder, hair and head-dress are the main attractions but as the hair is not in place, I would prefer to zoom in and shoot landscape rather than portrait.
2. The zip of the dress can be seen and I would probably try to compose the pic without seeing the dress.
3. unfortunately the lighting was not good enough to highlight her hair otherwise it would be beautiful. Maybe an idea is to shoot this in high key. Wonder how that would look.

Let have some discussion on my suggestions. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.