Macro photograpy

Status
Not open for further replies.

mazdadan

I would like to get some advices, it is really necessary to go so close to make a picture lifesize and suffer from the limited depth of field, or it is better to take the picture on a high resolution and do cropping to the section you want the depth of field is much greater and easier to control.

which ever you prefer actually

eventually it is the final image that matters,
how you go about getting that final image is your secret

I would like to get some advices, it is really necessary to go so close to make a picture lifesize and suffer from the limited depth of field, or it is better to take the picture on a high resolution and do cropping to the section you want the depth of field is much greater and easier to control.

Up to u. Can try various methods such as macro lenses, reverse macro, extension tubes and close-up filters.

I prefer get closer than get high resolution and crop.

It is easier to maintain Depth of Field on get closer than on get high resolution and crop.

Regards,
Arto.

Thanks, but getting close DOF is quite shallow if you compare to cropping.
DoF problem can be solved for both method (if you know how). But, in get closer, DoF is previewable instantly via DoF button, while in cropping is not.

Also, the quality of get closer is much better (if I can't say much much) than cropping. For good resolution after cropping, you might need 10M sensor or more. In get closer, 6M is more than enough.

Regards,
Arto.

You must learn to make a shallow DOF work for you. You can do this by adjusting shooting angles and looking at the dof preview to see what gets blurred. The subtle blurring of petals as opposed to stamens for example, lead to very beautiful pictures. No need to get everything sharp like a medical photo.

Status
Not open for further replies.