Macro lenses

Status
Not open for further replies.

RxXxX

Sep 10, 2006
Just wanna find out which type of macro lenses that is popular and is affordable. thanks for sharing.

the 60mm micro... but working distance too short....

the 105mm VR would be ideal for most.... :)

Pls stick to ONE thread and dun spam the same queries over different sub-forum.

:nono:

tamron 90mm and nikon 60mm :thumbsup:

hey thanks a lot, sorry for the spam, cause im eager to find out and i had posted one on the newbies corner. thought would have different results as the people viewing the pages would be different so sorry.

Tamron 180mm :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Good working distance esp if taking insects

How about Sigma MACRO 70mm F2.8 EX DG or MACRO 105mm F2.8 EX DG?

How do they compare to the Tamrons. Me too scouting around for a Macro len.:p

I second the tamron 90mm -> doesnt "look" cool like the 105vr, but image quality rocks!

- never tried either sigma lenses b4

I second the tamron 90mm -> doesnt "look" cool like the 105vr, but image quality rocks!

- never tried either sigma lenses b4

2nd that!!! budget also:thumbsup:

Just wanna find out which type of macro lenses that is popular and is affordable. thanks for sharing.

I see so far no one asked you the question "What is the macro lens used for :)"

If for shooting still objects
-> Nikon 60mm

If for shooting insects, animals
-> Niikon 105 VR (The focusing is super fast!)
-> Tamron 90mm (Best value for money lens)

So the insects, animals will not be scared away if u go too near.

The quoted lenses are the more popular and afforable.. but there are other 3rd party lenses too..:)

I see so far no one asked you the question "What is the macro lens used for :)"

If for shooting still objects
-> Nikon 60mm

If for shooting insects, animals
-> Niikon 105 VR (The focusing is super fast!)
-> Tamron 90mm (Best value for money lens)

So the insects, animals will not be scared away if u go too near.

The quoted lenses are the more popular and afforable.. but there are other 3rd party lenses too..:)

err i use 60mm for insects!

err i use 60mm for insects!

You try shooting them and see if they will run off at the first sight of you.... :bsmilie: Esp butterflies...:sweat:

You try shooting them and see if they will run off at the first sight of you.... :bsmilie: Esp butterflies...:sweat:

It IS possible to shoot butterflies with 60mm :) I have done it before. Just that it is not that easy that's all.

It IS possible to shoot butterflies with 60mm :) I have done it before. Just that it is not that easy that's all.

I know... I'm already using a 90 and it's still not easy.. was considering even longer lenses esp for the skitterish ones...

anyone able to post some macro pics tat are taken from tamron 90mm and sigma 105mm len?;p

Status
Not open for further replies.