Macro Lens or Close-up Filter

Status
Not open for further replies.

die-hard-nikonian

Dec 26, 2006
I have been using Nikkor 50mm f/1.8 AFD with Raynox CM3500 to shoot macros. However I couldn't manage to get those really impressive shots. I think its either the lack of DOF, or simply the close-up filters are not good enough.
Am thinking of switching to macro lents. Any Micro lens user.. can give me some advice?

I have been using Nikkor 50mm f/1.8 AFD with Raynox CM3500 to shoot macros. However I couldn't manage to get those really impressive shots. I think its either the lack of DOF, or simply the close-up filters are not good enough.
Am thinking of switching to macro lents. Any Micro lens user.. can give me some advice?
you will still not get much DOF by using a real Macro lens...
best would be to do macro with PnS, much more DOF than on a APS-C dSLR. :thumbsup:

Get a macro lens if you can afford one. The Tamron 90mm and Sigma 105mm are good start if you don't mind 3rd party lenses.

Fellow CSers,

I'm looking for a Macro lens too (dun mind 3rd Party, and currently shooting with Nikon D80). Was introduced to Tokina afew days back when window shooping (forgot the lens model, but was qouted bout $250+ BNP). Any one used Tokina's Macro lens? Any advice?

Tamron 90mm or the Tokina AT-X pro 100mm. Both are value for money and very similar in construction.

If you have the money, go for the nikkor 105 VR micro which can satisfy your equipment lust and no-third-party policy (if it matters to you) at the same time :bsmilie:

Whether these lenses can take nice macro photos 99% depends on the user + flash setup. Get the macro lens first, and if you are really into macro, a closed up attachment add on to achieve above 1:1.

I hope u r using a good external flash with diffuser, manual focusing, and where possible, a tripod.

Tamron 90mm or the Tokina AT-X pro 100mm. Both are value for money and very similar in construction.

If you have the money, go for the nikkor 105 VR micro which can satisfy your equipment lust and no-third-party policy (if it matters to you) at the same time :bsmilie:

Whether these lenses can take nice macro photos 99% depends on the user + flash setup. Get the macro lens first, and if you are really into macro, a closed up attachment add on to achieve above 1:1.

I hope u r using a good external flash with diffuser, manual focusing, and where possible, a tripod.

PLVB. Agreed as of now I can't take macro img. :( :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.