Macro: 70-300 + 6T

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wryer

Dec 17, 2002
Tampines
Visit site
Hi,
still interested in macros, but with a tight budget. I already have a 70-300 lens, will coupling this with a closeup lens like Nikon 6T be good? Any better alternative? How does it fare against using a dedicated macro lens like the 105? What are the main diff?

250D vs 500D vs Nikon 6T. Comments?

Thank u all! :)

Regards
Wryer

Ah..saw the suggestion coming. :)
But i am quite familiar of how it works, it seems to be a more expensive alternative than using 6T.

Can gime an insight?

ahh... keep it short ... it narrows the focusing distance between the subject and your lens. Advantage is that it contains no optics hence no degrading of picture quality. You can try it out at the shops, else ... go down for SEED tomorrow and ask somebody from Clubsnap to bring one for you to try
... any kind Nikonians in CLUBSNAP??:D

hehe..thanks. Nah, no time to go SEED. hows the magnification?

It varies with your focal length, I just use it without questioning ... anyone got a more detailed input?

http://members.rogers.com/jul.loke/jlcalc.html

Enter your focal length, closest focusing distance and extension tube length. It'll give you the new focusing distance, magnification plus DOF for various aperture settings. Works for close up lenses too.

Prices are about the same I think for close up lenses and extension tubes. Larry is selling his tubes too if someone hasn't already bought it.

Status
Not open for further replies.