Mac Aperture Raw

Status
Not open for further replies.
And dun assume. Do a software update on the mac. When you bought the Aperture, it doesn't mean the disc is updated.

And dun assume. Do a software update on the mac. When you bought the Aperture, it doesn't mean the disc is updated.

I've did it...Thank you very much...you were right, it wasn't updated...:D

good to hear that it's working. Enjoy your aperture.

Thanks again man...It was very kind of you to help...;)

Now I'm looking for another software to do effects that is compatible to Aperture,
do you have any good recommendations?

Last edited:
Chow Yun Fatt.
Heng ah...
Our good member wwjd82 got your problem solved.
I live to see another day... :bsmilie:

TC024.jpg

You got lucky this time...:bsmilie:

Anyway just wondering... why don't you get Adobe Lightroom instead?

Anyway just wondering... why don't you get Adobe Lightroom instead?

Honestly, I'm not very good with computers...& there are so many of these softwares being offered in the market, I just didn't know which was best for my Minimum Ability & I know nothing about Adobe.

I needed something easy to use to compensate for my disability to take good pics...:bsmilie:

Ok, I also know that software can only do so much...:bsmilie:

Do you think that the Adobe is a friendlier software compared to Aperture?
Pls enlighten me, I'm interested to know more.

Thanks.

Honestly, I'm not very good with computers...& there are so many of these softwares being offered in the market, I just didn't know which was best for my Minimum Ability & I know nothing about Adobe.

I needed something easy to use to compensate for my disability to take good pics...:bsmilie:

Ok, I also know that software can only do so much...:bsmilie:

Do you think that the Adobe is a friendlier software compared to Aperture?
Pls enlighten me, I'm interested to know more.

Thanks.

You've got a strange problem. What version are you running? Canon EOS 7D is supported according to Aperture specs sheet - with a footnote. Requires Aperture 2 with Mac OS X v10.5.8 Leopard or Mac OS X 10.6.2 Snow Leopard or later.

Lightroom and Aperture are apps for managing your photographs and doing bit of processing. Lightroom has better integration with Photoshop while Aperture has better integration with iPhoto and iMovie and other apple apps.

Usability wise, I don't think any of those apps has any advantage over the other. Some like Lightroom, others like Aperture, and still others can live with Picasa or not using anything at all and manage the files themselves. I believe both have beta version that you can try out - so you just have to bite the bullet, try it out and see which one you like and then use that.

Chow Yun Fatt, I have not used Aperture nor Lightroom before.
Thus I don't think I am in the position to express anything with regard to these two.
But I am using Photoshop CS4. Together with PS CS4 comes Adobe Bridge, a photo management software which is something like Aperture/Lightroom.
I find it very easy to do basic PP with Adobe Bridge.
If I want to do more touch up, then I will just link the picture from Adobe Bridge to Photoshop.
It's integrated.
Maybe you would like to consider PS CS4.

Side note... Aperture 3.0 is out =D

You are right...I should stick to what I'm comfortable with I guess...

Chow Yun Fatt, I have not used Aperture nor Lightroom before.
Thus I don't think I am in the position to express anything with regard to these two.
But I am using Photoshop CS4. Together with PS CS4 comes Adobe Bridge, a photo management software which is something like Aperture/Lightroom.
I find it very easy to do basic PP with Adobe Bridge.
If I want to do more touch up, then I will just link the picture from Adobe Bridge to Photoshop.
It's integrated.
Maybe you would like to consider PS CS4.

Think I should try this Aperture to its limit first...& see how far I can go b4 I start on another software..."Old Dogs Difficult to Learn New Tricks"...;p

Status
Not open for further replies.