M42 lens on Nikon Dsrl?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voix

May 16, 2004
i have few M42 lenses,Want to try fit onto my D40x,anyone know where can buy the adaptor mount in Singapore?

you can try ebay, but i doubt you'll get infinity focus...

you can try ebay, but i doubt you'll get infinity focus...

There are M42 to F mount adapters with a piece of optics and those allow infinity focus. They used to be quite popular among people who used Carl Zeiss Jena lenses.

There are M42 to F mount adapters with a piece of optics and those allow infinity focus. They used to be quite popular among people who used Carl Zeiss Jena lenses.

A piece of optic? Woa...that may defeat the pure precision optical formulae of Carl Zeiss lenses. :bigeyes:

But then again, my eyes also cannot focus on infinity (myopia), and also used a piece of optic each eye. :D

A piece of optic? Woa...that may defeat the pure precision optical formulae of Carl Zeiss lenses. :bigeyes:

But then again, my eyes also cannot focus on infinity (myopia), and also used a piece of optic each eye. :D

Yeah.. that's why Nikon users seldom want to use M42 lenses because of the presence of the piece of optic in the adapter. Anyway, CZ Jena (East German) lenses aren't that precise.

i found the M42-F mount adapter from one of the older reflex lens ( Osawa 300mmF5.6), did tried some shots on my M42 lenses( 2 Russia Lenses & 1 japan lens ),it give u a nostalgically looks, little bit on warm side compare to Nikon lenses & tokina lenses.i like that!! :vhappy:

i found the M42-F mount adapter from one of the older reflex lens ( Osawa 300mmF5.6), did tried some shots on my M42 lenses( 2 Russia Lenses & 1 japan lens ),it give u a nostalgically looks, little bit on warm side compare to Nikon lenses & tokina lenses.i like that!! :vhappy:

Haha...Osawa....I haven't heard this name in decades! :bigeyes:

I think this is Late 70's ~ 80's Lens, another brand call 'SUN' also very rare in Singapore too, hope some senior or expert can give me some info about this brand ( OSAWA / SUN ). Thanks....!

Most of the M42 lenses can be adjusted/off-set so that it can be focused to infinity.
The adjustment is simple that there's no need to disassemble the glass of the lens.

Status
Not open for further replies.