Lynx and Assasin Bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

alan choo

Apr 18, 2006
Bukit Batok
Hi,would like to share 2 shots taken at my usaul playground,Bukit Gombak.

Lynx with both hands occupied. m mode f19 1/45s Iso 400 -0.7 EV mlu TC 1.5 on 200 mm macro
3748745885_ae97474bb8_o.jpg

Mating Assasin Bugs A mode f22 1/8s Iso 640 -1.7 EV miu Tc 1.5 on 200 mm macro
3748738689_e8bb267d0d_b.jpg

Thanks for viewing. C n C welcomed

NICe lynx SPider!!! i'm guessing tripod used??

Nice shots.

i like the beautiful creamy backgrounds. :)

NICe lynx SPider!!! i'm guessing tripod used??

yes ,bro ,have to use tripod.Glad that you like it.I think this is special in that I have not seen spider having two preys at one go.

Nice captures, just a bit over sharpening.

Thanks bro.The assassin bugs were taken at slow speed and there were motion blur. I try to rescued the water droplets and over sharpened.

Nice...#2 is rare!! :thumbsup:

Thank you all for your nice words.The creamy b/g is the result of using long focal length.

alan, at 1.4X TC of your 200mm Macro, how close were you to the assasin bugs when you snapped the pic? the motion blur was bcos you were doing hand-held? :)

good mix of yellow insect and green background.... beautiful...

alan, at 1.4X TC of your 200mm Macro, how close were you to the assasin bugs when you snapped the pic? the motion blur was bcos you were doing hand-held? :)

Hi B-setting,actually its not my intention to put on the 1.5 Tc for this shot.The 200 mm will have enough reach especially so when the assassin bug is considered big enough.Its just that I don like to remove the TC on and off. In This case ,they are about 2 ft away.So with 300 mm, and speed of 1/8 s,there will definitely be motion blur even though I got a solid tripod.

Status
Not open for further replies.