Lx5 lx3 a33

Drexter

Jul 27, 2009
Central
Which is better? I heard A33 is alot better than LX series. Hope to get some comments. :)

Which is better? I heard A33 is alot better than LX series. Hope to get some comments. :)

Hi Drexter,

A33 is a DSLR with much larger 1.5x crop sensor! ! ! It's unfair to compare it with any "point and shoot" camera. Of course its better with a lot of potential and possibilities since you can change lenses to suite your requirements / needs :)

Comparing LX3 vs LX5 is fine since both are in the same class. LX5 is better, with slightly better IQ / less noise and HD video recording + a longer zoom range and the same excellent f2.0 Leica lens ;)

Having said the above, if you already have a LX3, LX5 might not be a worthy upgrade.

Cheers.
Faisal.

Last edited:
Hi Drexter,

A33 is a DSLR with much larger 1.5x crop sensor! ! ! It's unfair to compare it with any "point and shoot" camera. Of course its better with a lot of potential and possibilities since you can change lenses to suite your requirements / needs :)

Comparing LX3 vs LX5 is fine since both are in the same class. LX5 is better, with slightly better IQ / less noise and HD video recording + a longer zoom range and the same excellent f2.0 Leica lens ;)

Having said the above, if you already have a LX3, LX5 might not be a worthy upgrade.

Cheers.
Faisal.

Thanks Faisal. Yes I do have a LX3. :)