LX3 or GF1

Status
Not open for further replies.
But GF1 oso shoot in live view mode, I did a comparison, LX3 is compact and has the zoom function and has the wide angel adaptor, GF1 is a little heavy the 20mm lens shoots great picture but if i change it to a 14-24 lens den is even more heavy, cause if can i will get the whole including the accessris for both, with my budget i think getting the LX3 will be much better

It's your choice totally. If size is more important to you than the image quality, then the LX3 is definitely the one you should get. It shoots great pictures for a compact. It has manual controls, so it's not really a P&S. Just don't expect DSLR-quality images from it.

As a compact, LX3 is a great camera to be carried with you all the time. The image quality can never compare with those captured on the larger sensor 4/3 or APS-C. That's why the LX3 costs only $700+. Here's some pics I've taken with the Lumix LX3.

Last edited:
For info, GF-1 is not a SLR. It is classified as compact camera with SLR cam capability.

I got the GF-1. NICE!!!!! just saving money to get the 14-140mm HD lens.

If you are going to be cameraman for the whole trip, GF-1 is good as the shooting is faster.
If you have to bring kids and carrying things around as luggage man, LX3 better as you can keep into your pocket anytime.

I have kids and brought them abroad b4, hardly have time to take picture.

Last edited:
does it make sense to have a GF1 when i hv lx3 already? soory if my qns sounds silly but im tempted to get this pana beauty

But GF1 oso shoot in live view mode, I did a comparison, LX3 is compact and has the zoom function and has the wide angel adaptor, GF1 is a little heavy the 20mm lens shoots great picture but if i change it to a 14-24 lens den is even more heavy, cause if can i will get the whole including the accessris for both, with my budget i think getting the LX3 will be much better

Then you have already decided :) Don't need to ask already :D

does it make sense to have a GF1 when i hv lx3 already? soory if my qns sounds silly but im tempted to get this pana beauty

I have G1 and LX3, it does make sense :)

I owned a LX3, quite happy with it.
A week ago I bought a DSLR Pentax K-X, even more excited.
If i were to travel, I'll choose the K-X over LX3. So for your case, I'll choose the GF1 anytime.
To me, to take great pics is the 1st priority, but of cos K-X is also consider a small size DSLR.
btw K-X with kit lens is also $700+ ;)
Some pics using kit lens:
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=647325

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.