Lumix GF2 in Singapore

St[A]LkEr said:
Hi Zan82,

When the expected release? Will Singapore have all 4 colours? I'm hoping to get it b4 the coming cny =)

Yes, Singapore will launch all the 4 colours.

Just went to Cathay photo at peninsula. Saw someone purchasing a black set GF 2.

Got a white one myself. Just couldn't resist the cheap price of the twin lens kit. Way cheaper than the GF1. Don't know how they are going to sell the GF1 now. :think:

how much did u pay for it and where? =]

Got a white one myself. Just couldn't resist the cheap price of the twin lens kit. Way cheaper than the GF1. Don't know how they are going to sell the GF1 now. :think:
Hi Tomcat. What are the twin lens? Price drop probably in anticipation of the e-pl2 launch, the LX5 also had a price drop recently. XZ1 is also launching very soon.

Hi Tomcat. What are the twin lens? Price drop probably in anticipation of the e-pl2 launch, the LX5 also had a price drop recently. XZ1 is also launching very soon.

Ha, how do you define a price drop when this is a newly launched camera at this price? Panny introduce the GF2 at this price, and it's up to the dealers who decide how much margin they're earning :D

Btw, anyone know of any retail got their GF2 out for display n demo? I would like to try it out before making my purchase =)

St[A]LkEr;6883430 said:
Btw, anyone know of any retail got their GF2 out for display n demo? I would like to try it out before making my purchase =)

Try Alan Photo, Sim Lim. Look for Bryant, Panny's promoter.

Ha, how do you define a price drop when this is a newly launched camera at this price? Panny introduce the GF2 at this price, and it's up to the dealers who decide how much margin they're earning :D

oops, din read the first page, prices and models are there. Read from tomcat it's "way cheaper then gf1", so i thot it's price drop;p
TLK is rcp 1299, but the TLK includes 14/2.5 and the cheaper 14-42, gf1 TLK irrc is with 20mm & 14-45, so it's hard to compare launch prices then. If gf2 TLK is 20mm & 14-42 would be a better option,imo.

Anyone know what is the lowest price of GF2 kit in the market since that it is available now?

We already have two CSers selling their GF2 body only at $600-$650 now in the B&S.. Think they probably just want the 14mm...

Last edited:
Just came back from funan. John316, Alan and TK all have the GF2 in stock. My friend just bought the twin lens kit for SGD 1158 (TK). Alan sells the set for 1138. We're just used to getting stuff from TK.

Just came back from funan. John316, Alan and TK all have the GF2 in stock. My friend just bought the twin lens kit for SGD 1158 (TK). Alan sells the set for 1138. We're just used to getting stuff from TK.

That's very cheap. I would say they are practically selling at cost. Maybe they only sell to their regulars at that price and make it back by selling at higher prices to others. I find that Alan Photo and even SLR Revolution can be very inconsistent in their 'competitiveness' depending a lot on the sale reps and their moods... which is probably the reason why many like myself do not like to get stuffs from them and would rather pay a few dollars more from more customer-friendly stores like TK Photo and Cathay Photo.

Well just got it at a very very special price for the twin lens kit. $999 ;)

Well just got it at a very very special price for the twin lens kit. $999 ;)

Well, unless its staff price else maybe you can let us in on which shop did you get this pricing.
Cos hard to believe what you see online unless there is concrete proof, hell I can say I got the GH2 free as I own panny. ;)

Well, unless its staff price else maybe you can let us in on which shop did you get this pricing.
Cos hard to believe what you see online unless there is concrete proof, hell I can say I got the GH2 free as I own panny. ;)

Even i tell you where i got it...You go also cannot get that price. As this is very very special pre-order price. Plus the owner my frenz lol

Even i tell you where i got it...You go also cannot get that price. As this is very very special pre-order price. Plus the owner my frenz lol

I guess we are all concern about lowest market price here.. not some special price where you can get via relationship or other means... I can get my 42" LED TV at only $500, because I'm the salesperson and I get staff price.. so there's no point telling people that.. because no other CSer will probably be able to get those kind of price... unless you are willing to help... can you...? :)

Looking at the price the twin kit is sold, can we assume that the GF2 body could probably be worth around $558... $1158(Body+twin kit) less [assume discounted price of ] $200(14-42mm) less $400(14mm) = $558...

Anyone know the price of single lens kit?

Last edited:
I guess we are all concern about lowest market price here.. not some special price where you can get via relationship or other means... I can get my 42" LED TV at only $500, because I'm the salesperson and I get staff price.. so there's no point telling people that.. because no other CSer will probably be able to get those kind of price... unless you are willing to help... can you...? :)

I doubt he would be willing to help.
Probably posted that pricing to confuse the general public or selling kaya and papaya since he post the same message at ;)
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6884430#post6884430

But all in all, getting a gf2 is nice, getting it cheaper is even nicer. :)