Lumix GF2 in Singapore

archlover

Nov 11, 2005
Hi guys,
i'm currently on holiday in Tokyo, and just now i visited a camera shop called BIC Camera in Shinjuku.
And i saw Lumix GF2 camera, which i believe is a new product. ( i'm not really following panasonic product since i use canon )
I've been eyeing GF1 or NEX-3 for my gf, but seeing GF2 it seems a nice camera, it use a touch screen to focus and it looks nice for girl.
But i'm not really sure about the price of it, and i want to make sure that the price is not too high.
The one that i see is : 59800yen for body only ( around S$945 ) and 70800yen for body + 14 2.5 lens ( around S$1120 ) i'm not really sure whether there's additional tax on it.
And i read some thread in consumer corner, they said big camera store like BIC Camera are more expensive than the smaller one.
So anyone know how much is GF2 in Singapore? is it out yet there?

Thanks for your help.
Cheers!

The GF2 is not available in Singapore yet. You may not be aware but the menu will be probably be in Japanese only as it is for the domestic market.

The camera menus will in in all languages. It is due to be released worldwide this month. I don't know about the price.

Just make sure the camera menu language is in English. Sony and Panasonic do not offer English menu option for cameras sold in Japan domestic. It has been like this all along and I was told it will be.

So better to make sure :)

Btw, firmware upgrades or flash cannot solve the issue as it seems to hardware related (read from other forums)

The camera menus will in in all languages. It is due to be released worldwide this month. I don't know about the price.

No, the camera menus WILL NOT be in all languages.

Official RCP of GF2 with GST are as follow:

GF2 with 14mm lens - $1099
GF2 with dual lens kit - $1299

Hi guys,
i'm currently on holiday in Tokyo, and just now i visited a camera shop called BIC Camera in Shinjuku.
And i saw Lumix GF2 camera, which i believe is a new product. ( i'm not really following panasonic product since i use canon )
I've been eyeing GF1 or NEX-3 for my gf, but seeing GF2 it seems a nice camera, it use a touch screen to focus and it looks nice for girl.
But i'm not really sure about the price of it, and i want to make sure that the price is not too high.
The one that i see is : 59800yen for body only ( around S$945 ) and 70800yen for body + 14 2.5 lens ( around S$1120 ) i'm not really sure whether there's additional tax on it.
And i read some thread in consumer corner, they said big camera store like BIC Camera are more expensive than the smaller one.
So anyone know how much is GF2 in Singapore? is it out yet there?

Thanks for your help.
Cheers!

Dude, Bic camera will definitely be more expensive than the smaller ones just like SoftMap unless you are a member (after purchasing a certain value of products).
Amazon Japan is a better reference and they do overnight delivery if you have a local address :cry:

No, the camera menus WILL NOT be in all languages.

Official RCP of GF2 with GST are as follow:

GF2 with 14mm lens - $1099
GF2 with dual lens kit - $1299

Hi Zan82

Will there be an option for GF2 with 20mm/f1.7 as a single lens kit instead?

Hi Zan82

Will there be an option for GF2 with 20mm/f1.7 as a single lens kit instead?

Nope, the 20mm is available separately. RCP at $649.

Hi Zan82,

When the expected release? Will Singapore have all 4 colours? I'm hoping to get it b4 the coming cny =)

St[A]LkEr;6863822 said:
Hi Zan82,

When the expected release? Will Singapore have all 4 colours? I'm hoping to get it b4 the coming cny =)

Hi,
Didn't you see today's Panasonic Advert in the Straits Times? GF2CGC with 14mm F2.5 pancake lens S$1099 and S$1299 with additional 14-42mm lens.

Oh pardon my mountain tortoiseness lol..I didn't see the straits times today. Got write where selling? Thx =)

St[A]LkEr;6863822 said:
Hi Zan82,

Parisilk also advertised today same price. But no mention of the colours available. looks like only black. Parisilk hotline 63449937

Just called and the person over the phone not too sure about the product. Guess gonna wait a week more b4 it gains popularity among the stores =)

Hi Guys!
After checking with the people at the camera shop, it turns out to be all panasonic products in japan is only have japanese menu >_<
So i didn't buy it :)
Thanks for reminding me to check, i nearly blindly buy it.. really fell in love with it when i see the white color one with the white leather half case >_<
at the end of the day i just got a lomo spinner hehe...

Parisilk also advertised today same price. But no mention of the colours available. looks like only black. Parisilk hotline 63449937

Paris Silk ad says "pre-order", i.e. order now get later, at RRP.

Hi Guys!
After checking with the people at the camera shop, it turns out to be all panasonic products in japan is only have japanese menu >_<
So i didn't buy it :)
Thanks for reminding me to check, i nearly blindly buy it.. really fell in love with it when i see the white color one with the white leather half case >_<
at the end of the day i just got a lomo spinner hehe...

Based on previous issues, white one not likely to reach our shores. If you love white ones maybe get from Japan but with Jap menu, and higher price.

I guess there will be a hack available soon to be able to change the Japanese menu to English...if there's isn't already. I don't have problem using the camera in Japanese though.

JohnMetsn said:
I guess there will be a hack available soon to be able to change the Japanese menu to English...if there's isn't already. I don't have problem using the camera in Japanese though.

Seems to be a perennial prob with Sony and panasonic that they don't do English menu for gap domestic sets... And there is no software hack (only hardware), from what I read in other forums... So I guess it's going to be tough for those nit comfortable with using jap menu. Good thing u can :)

There was a hack for GF1 until they did the firmware trick (not releasing the newest fw on the internet). I believe that if the firmware update mechanism remained the same, Panasonic will sooner or later release an update for the GF2 fw and than the software hack should be possible.

GF2 is being launched this evening by Panasonic.
Should probably be available for sale within the next couple of days. ;)