Status
Not open for further replies.

noelleong

Mar 29, 2005
Hillview
www.flickr.com
5562226-lg.jpg

Lady in Red

noel, i love this shot.is this considered low key?

the hair could do with more details though and i dont like the 'something-protruding' from her dress at the crotch area.easily DI-able.

i guess what makes this shot is the diagonal lines.:thumbsup:

dca,
can share what backfocusing is?

Can see that the pearls are sharper than the face, hence backfocussing.
I personally feel that the pose is a little awkard though.

yup... thanks for the explanation...

actually i waiting for rest to fill in the cut finger part also...

color nice, focusing miscue, picture from priceless to worthless... (ok, take with a large pinch of salt...)

anyway, nice attempt, could be done alot better...

So what do we do with back focusing?

Thanks

Do a test, can download a famous chart, keyword D70 backfocusing test.

If really backfocusing, send it back to the manufacturer for recalibration.

Thats IF the sensor is off.

If the person got focusing problem, for eg a common error with reliance to autofocus system, user go 1/2 press focus on body then look at face and press shutter, the error in distance in some situation will be rather distinctive, some is negligible... for this instance, we do not know if its caused by the camera or by the user. but its backfocusing no doubt.

For me, i normally set my camera to manual focus when i am shooting models, then i slowly adjust focus. Or to a mode on my camera (forget the mode now) whereby it AF lock then it release the focusing ring for fine tuning.

Do a test, can download a famous chart, keyword D70 backfocusing test.

If really backfocusing, send it back to the manufacturer for recalibration.

Thats IF the sensor is off.

If the person got focusing problem, for eg a common error with reliance to autofocus system, user go 1/2 press focus on body then look at face and press shutter, the error in distance in some situation will be rather distinctive, some is negligible... for this instance, we do not know if its caused by the camera or by the user. but its backfocusing no doubt.

For me, i normally set my camera to manual focus when i am shooting models, then i slowly adjust focus. Or to a mode on my camera (forget the mode now) whereby it AF lock then it release the focusing ring for fine tuning.

Cheers champion.
With such shallow DOF, i wldnt able to tell if the picture is sharp on the face, even on the 2.5" LCD, let alone thru viewfinder for manual focus...
Sigh, bad eyes... :embrass:

Cheers champion.
With such shallow DOF, i wldnt able to tell if the picture is sharp on the face, even on the 2.5" LCD, let alone thru viewfinder for manual focus...
Sigh, bad eyes... :embrass:

aiyo... LCD no matter what brand also cannot see focusing lor, thats y i upgraded to a optical viewfinder & never look back, now i hate a EVF...

anyway, no matter how shallow it is, if you use the optical viewfinder sure can get your focus 1... u go try using a tilt shift lens and see, that 1 even more shallow...

anyway, all opinions i give is just based on my personal preference, to adopt is up to each individuals...

Thanks for all your comments. I appreciate it.

I desaturated her skin tone and went through noise ninja, to make her look white and soft . As for the pearl neacklace, dress & eyes were sharpen, D/B and saturated.

Hmmm, backfocus, I will have to investigate. I held the cam vertically and preset the top focusing point to focus on her face/eyes.

What is DI means?

Thanks.

DI-digital imaging.

noel, i love this shot.is this considered low key?

the hair could do with more details though and i dont like the 'something-protruding' from her dress at the crotch area.easily DI-able.

i guess what makes this shot is the diagonal lines.:thumbsup:

Thanks Jeanie, only now I discover that 'something-protruding' from her dress at the crotch area.

[QUOTE
For me, i normally set my camera to manual focus when i am shooting models, then i slowly adjust focus. Or to a mode on my camera (forget the mode now) whereby it AF lock then it release the focusing ring for fine tuning.[/QUOTE]

Hi Del_ctrno Alt, can u kindly elabrorate a little more on this please?

Thanks

[QUOTE

Hi Del_ctrno Alt, can u kindly elabrorate a little more on this please?

Thanks[/quote]

hmm... no need elaborate...

in short, just do manual focus.

The pose makes her waist look plump.

A little touch-up in post processing will make her look more like a natural self.

5562226-x.jpg

(Photo for illustration. I will remove it shortly afterwards. Please let me know if you want me to take it down immediately.)

BC

Thanks for all your comments. I appreciate it.

I desaturated her skin tone and went through noise ninja, to make her look white and soft . As for the pearl neacklace, dress & eyes were sharpen, D/B and saturated.

Hmmm, backfocus, I will have to investigate. I held the cam vertically and preset the top focusing point to focus on her face/eyes.

What is DI means?

Thanks.
Hi brother, just in case you need the focusing chart. good luck..
http://www.focustestchart.com/chart.html

Status
Not open for further replies.