Lowepro Fastpac 250

Status
Not open for further replies.

banyantree

May 4, 2006
I am thinking of buying this back pack for my extensive travelling and was wandering if anyone else is using this and what they think if it.
I own a Nikon D300 with 10-24, 50mm & 17-55mm lenses and use a 15" notebook.

Thanks

It's a great bag and I use it extensively. Being able to hold other items other than a camera is big big advantage in my view. My only complain is that the sliplock holder is in a very dumb position being quite high up on the shoulder straps, no chest strap and an ineffective waist harness. But then again, this bag is meant more for day trips in an urban area rather than the outdoors. I can fit my E-30 w/12-60, 50-200 and a 30mm into the bottom section. I use the laptop section more for documents than a laptop though.

I was looking at the fastpac or the compu serious. I like the conveniency of the fastpac. How comfy is this to wear with a laptop and camera with lenses.
I will probably buy this next week if i cannot find anything better.

It's quite alright but I don't usually carry the laptop around for long periods. It's usually just camera + lenses and my own stuff.

I was looking at the fastpac or the compu serious. I like the conveniency of the fastpac. How comfy is this to wear with a laptop and camera with lenses.
I will probably buy this next week if i cannot find anything better.

What's your budget like? Do consider the Kata DR-467.

Im currently using dat bag.
I love it.
Neva looked for another bag after I got it.
My gear is D80 wif grip, Tamron 17-35, Sigma 50-150 & SB800.
All fits in e bag.
I oso like e top part of e bag, spacious.

Is the Kata a better bag? I do not mind paying more if the product is good. I tried a friend Fastpac and you need to swing the bag on your left shoulder to access the camera which i found inconvenient since i would use my right shoulder to carry the bag. I notice with Kata the access is at the bottom of the bag. Is this better?

It's design that way for quick access, so you don't have to put the bag down to get to your gear. That was actually the primary reason for me getting it. Wanted a bag pack which had some semblance of accessibility as that of shoulder/sling bag. If you don't mind having to put your bag down each time then there are many many more options open to you. The CompuRover from Lowepro is pretty good too as is the DR-467 recommended by Calebk.

Would be good if you could provide a description of what you are looking for in a bag. Do you need a seperate compartment for your other stuff? Tripod holder? Quick access pockets?

Is the Kata a better bag? I do not mind paying more if the product is good. I tried a friend Fastpac and you need to swing the bag on your left shoulder to access the camera which i found inconvenient since i would use my right shoulder to carry the bag. I notice with Kata the access is at the bottom of the bag. Is this better?

Why would you carry a backpack from only one strap? Isn't it uncomfortable, and won't it defeat the purpose of a backpack? Can consider the CompuTrekker. It's 140 now I think, at Cathay.

I'm looking for a backpack which can hold computer and camera in separate easy to access pocket. I also need separate compartment for books, etc but i dont have tripod. i dont want a sling bag but i do like the fast pac which you can swing round to access the camera without putting the bag down.
I like the look of the Kata bag better than the Lowepro.
I heard the compu rover is quite heavy.
I will try the bags out next week at CP but would like to shortlist 3 to try.

Status
Not open for further replies.