Lots of New Gear Coming Up - Bodies and Lenses!!! Would you believe it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i forsee that this thread is here to stay for a very long time..

be it true or rumours, we will still want to gossip about the upcoming bodies and lenses..

however, i do believe that the Nikon D700x and 70-200 VR II are true.. aiming for these 2 equipments during my end of year bonus..

so no overseas trip for me this year liao..

Same here man, except for the body... Was aiming D400, but D700x is very attactive too...
I actually bought a second hand D90 as I can't stand my D70 LCD anymore, with the intention to sell when new body comes out. But now, I love my D90, which buy me lots of time to wait for the price to drop, as no real need to upgrade soon.
70-200 now more important to me...

Wonder will Nikon ever produce a DSLR with build-in VR/image stabilization.

wow!!! lens shake and sensor also shakes...can produce shaker fries liao:bsmilie:

70-200 to complete the trinity eh? Makes sense ;)

This piece of rumours may affect buying trend for the moment ... I'm also looking to get a zoom. Now, after reading this, I'm stuck with the million dollar question - to buy or not to buy. Haha! :bsmilie:

haha!

what are u looking to buy leh?

i have been looking around for a 70-200 for a very long time already.. when i recently read that 70-200 might have a newer version (VR II), i am reluctant to get one for the time being..

I wonder what the price would be for this lens.

Of all, this is one of the most possible to happen. The current 70-200 VR is nearly 7 years old.

Of all, this is one of the most possible to happen. The current 70-200 VR is nearly 7 years old.

old but still very good... especially for DX...

do if new one is geared more to FX I wonder how it will affect performance on DX...

oh well time will tell...

Not so sure about the rest of the line up mentioned by the rumour mongers, But for this item, you'll never know this wish may come sooner than you think ;)

so this new babe might be coming sooner than we think... woohoo!

i hope price will be affordable though...

you guys thing it maybe S$3.5K? S$4K?

But the D700x is true!! :thumbsup:

well maybe not so much as true but that TH now has reasons to believe the probability of D700X coming out is higher than what he had expected...

which is good news! :thumbsup:

so dragonfly are you flying all over with joy to usher in the new d700X?!? hahaha

so you doing to buy one?

hopefully not too expensive and reasonabley affordable...

since current 70-200mm VR is about S$2800-2900... maybe new one around S$3400-3600?

wow! so many new releases? i think some are fake and perhaps someone's wish list...

well maybe not so much as true but that TH now has reasons to believe the probability of D700X coming out is higher than what he had expected...

which is good news! :thumbsup:

so dragonfly are you flying all over with joy to usher in the new d700X?!? hahaha

so you doing to buy one?

I'm hoping the D700 price will drop even more as I don't need video (which I guess the D700x will have). That's what I'm aiming for!! ;p

I'm hoping the D700 price will drop even more as I don't need video (which I guess the D700x will have). That's what I'm aiming for!! ;p

i think nikon won't incorporate videos on their high-end models. maybe it's just me, but kind of give it a more "consumer" feel to them

videos in DSLRs are more for fun and leisure, and people who buy high-end models don't use the camera for leisure (mostly), when there's a cheaper model with video also

i think nikon won't incorporate videos on their high-end models. maybe it's just me, but kind of give it a more "consumer" feel to them

videos in DSLRs are more for fun and leisure, and people who buy high-end models don't use the camera for leisure (mostly), when there's a cheaper model with video also

Maybe not for the D-single-digit bodies but I think it will be in the D-three-digit bodies because it doesn't affect the images whether the function is there or not.

Hope that once the new 70-200 VRII is out, the older 70-200 VR will drop its price and completely replaces the current status of the 80-200.

Gonna take a very long time, since there's VR in lenses already. This means that if they want to have DSLR with built-in VR, both VRs must coordinate, if not, whats the point? Who knows, this may let us shoot handheld by 6stops :bigeyes:

Nikon GOGOGO!

if what is leaked and reported at a particular site is true then it looks like there will be a lot of new gear coming out this year and in 2010...

here's the rumoured release dates of various gear... i think there will be some happy people out there...

Aug 2009:
D3000
D300s
AF-S DX Nikkor 17 to 65 mm f/3.2-4G ED VR (very interesting f-stops...)

October 2009:
D700x
AF-S Nikkor 24 to 135 mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR
AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II (hopefully this is true... been a long wait...)
AF-S Nikkor 35 mm f/1.4G
AF-S Nikkor 85 mm f/1.4G (hopefully this is true... been a long wait...)

Q2 2010:
AF-S Nikkor 14 to 28 mm f/3.5-4.5G ED (hmm...)
AF-S Nikkor 120 to 450 mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR (huh? hmm...)
D4 (hmm... 15.7 megapixel only?)
D400

Q3 2010:
AF-S Nikkor 300 mm f/4G VR
AF-S Nikkor VR 400 mm f/5.6G
AF-S Nikkor 70 to 240 mm f/3.5-4.5G VR (hmm...)
AF-S Nikkor 105 mm f/2G DC
AF-S Nikkor 24 to 85 mm f/4G VR (nice to have if true)
AF-S DX Nikkor 60 to 95 mm f/2G VR (very interesting...)
AF-S DX Nikkor 17-60 mm f/2.8G VR (nice if true)
Nikon Coolpix P1DX

Q4 2010:
Nikon D4X (wow... 30.2 megapixel!)

for more details (like specs) check out this link

interestingly even Thom Hogan is certain about the D3000 and D300s as well as the D700X coming out soon this ear - read his July 7th entry here

better start saving, talk to your girlfriend, wife, or parents!

cheers!

Wow..thats amazingly alot :bigeyes:

here's an interesting write up by Thom Hogan of his version of Nikon road map in response to the WOW (and perhaps unbelievable Nikon road map)

August 2009: two to four lenses announced with D3000, D300s. Since these are both DX bodies, you'd expect such announcements to be lenses that might be useful on DX cameras. It wouldn't surprise me to see another DX mid-range zoom update, for instance. Also, we're long overdue for an AF-S version of the 80-400mm. Nor would it surprise me to see the final Micro-Nikkor refreshed, the 200mm f/4. (What we want to see though are a wide angle DX prime and a DX telephoto zoom [e.g. 35-135mm or 50-150mm]).

Sept/Oct 2009: the remainder of the 2009 lens announcements should come with the D700x introduction. Here, I'd expect a few prime replacements and an update/replacement of the 24-120mm. (What we want to see are a 24-70mm and 70-200mm f/4 VR pair, a 70-200mm f/2.8 replacement, AF-S versions of several primes: a fast 24mm, a fast 35mm, the 85mm f/1.4 updated, and perhaps a 105mm, 135mm, or 180mm replacement.)

First half 2010: two or three fill-in-a-blank lenses. These would be lenses that either update an elderly existing lens or fit into a random gap Nikon has perceived. If any of the lenses I've mentioned above haven't yet appeared, then this would be the likely time they would. Another likely candidate is a wide angle zoom of more modest specifications than the 14-24mm (either 17-35mm f/2.8 or 14-28mm f/4-5.6--basically the "filter friendly" wide zoom).

Last half 2010 and first half 2011: more fill-in-a-blank and minor update candidates, I think. There isn't a big camera product launch in this time period on which to hang lenses, thus I think this period will see more fill-in-a-missing lens or fix-an-existing lens designs.
At the D4/D400 launch in 2011: this is when I'd expect another barrage of targeted lenses that open up new lines for Nikon.

seems like he feels D3000 (wow! so soon?), D300s and D700X likely but for the lenses department perhaps not as many of those we hope will come out (like the 70-200 f2.8 replacement...oh no...)

another 2-3 more weeks... soon very soon we shall know the truth...

read full article at this LINK

ntg more to read

any humans can come up with their predicts

and fancy list

When Olympus overtakes Nikon or Canon market share with their in-body image stablilization DSLR bodies.

Status
Not open for further replies.