Looking Into Viewfinder

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm using a magnifier and its harder to see the status bar and the picture at the same time for me.. but without the dk-21m.. i can see the whole panel..including the scene in frame.. specs wearer here.. 850 degs per eye.. maybe my eyeballs have defocus control :bsmilie:

It's a matter of habit. ;p

IIRC..diopter control is for long sighted correction..since u r sticking ur eye so close to see something, short sightedness shouldn't apply here..

THe diopter does correct for short sightedness, the correction is -2.0 to +1.0. So if your short-sightedness is servere <-2.0 (>200°), it will not be sufficient to correct for that.

BC

hi all,

I'm wearing glasses and while looking into the viewfinder of my camera, I can never see the full view, i.e. picture and status bar together.

Any solution to this?

You can get around it by using those bodies with the big round viewfinder peephole (usually the pro bodies). Used D1/D2 series are selling at lower prices now, with the D3 coming soon.

The diopter control can correct enough for short-sightedness?

Not useful at all. you don't want to take out your specs every time you look into the viewfinder. COntact lenses and LASIK are better options.

Ok, tried without glasses this morning and I can view the entire viewfinder. Diopter adjustment can't help as it is still a bit blur for me.

Looks like I got to change to contacts. :(

What is the degree of your short sightedness? I believe that there are eyepiece diopter correction out there like this.

http://www.adorama.com/NKDM4N.html?searchinfo=nikon diopter&item_no=3

BC

They are available, but it's silly every time you have to take out your specs to look into the viewfinder and put on the spec after a shoot otherwise everything will look blur outside the viewfinder. ;p

They are available, but it's silly every time you have to take out your specs to look into the viewfinder and put on the spec after a shoot otherwise everything will look blur outside the viewfinder. ;p
I ever considered that. Sometimes, I wear my shades with power. But when shooting outdoors, I can't put them on. If I have diopter corrections on my eyepiece, it may help.

BC

I ever considered that. Sometimes, I wear my shades with power. But when shooting outdoors, I can't put them on. If I have diopter corrections on my eyepiece, it may help.

BC

Yeah.. In that case then it's fine. ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.