Looking for shop to service my Nikon cam

yeobt

May 23, 2007
Anyone has good recommendAtion of a shop that provides quality cam servicing?

TIA

You can try PG photography - Look for andrew at peninsula shopping center

The Camera Workshop is quite good. They fixed my 135mm f2.0/DC when even the nikon service centre couldn't do it

You can go 3rd party shop or you can go back to nikon. 3rd party shops for newer cameras may be iffy since most of them have techs that used to work somewhere but may or may not be up to date with newer camera. Normally if a camera works there is no need to service. Unless you shoot say 10,000 or more frames per month, preventive maintenance is probably unnecessary, and mo pro do this because they shoot in large frame counts and well maybe have better tech service. Here techs are relatively careless even at camera makers workshop. I once saw when my lens was being converted to AI how they handle the lens - rear element cap off - the lens was place on the work table rear element down before I could do anything it was pickup with a swiping action - yes there were a couple of fine scratch marks from this. It should have been pick up in a vertical lifting motion.

You can go 3rd party shop or you can go back to nikon. 3rd party shops for newer cameras may be iffy since most of them have techs that used to work somewhere but may or may not be up to date with newer camera. Normally if a camera works there is no need to service. Unless you shoot say 10,000 or more frames per month, preventive maintenance is probably unnecessary, and mo pro do this because they shoot in large frame counts and well maybe have better tech service. Here techs are relatively careless even at camera makers workshop. I once saw when my lens was being converted to AI how they handle the lens - rear element cap off - the lens was place on the work table rear element down before I could do anything it was pickup with a swiping action - yes there were a couple of fine scratch marks from this. It should have been pick up in a vertical lifting motion.

Many years ago I sent my Mamiya RB67 camera to a camera repair shop, his work counter is full of camera parts, spare parts and screws. when he dismantle my camera, he just put the camera parts on the counter top, mixing up with the rest of things.
who knows he will able to find the correct parts or screws to fix back my camera? and how can I be sure there won't be any screws missing inside my camera?

I won't want to visit a third party camera repair shop like that anymore, going back to proprietary brand service center is the way to go.

That explains why I always end up having more dust specks in my lens after sending it in to the service center.