looking for service to mod nikon camera for ir/uv photography

thetarget

Oct 11, 2007
Singapore
Hey guys,

Anyone know where can I find services to replace ir/uv filter with clear glass?

Please assist.
Thanks

can try camera hospital, or is it camera workshop, one of them does ir mod also.

can try camera hospital, or is it camera workshop, one of them does ir mod also.

It'll be camera hospital at sunshine plaza. For anything, I would avoid TCW since their attitude is currently rather undesirable.

Steven of camera hospital is a nice experienced man with a good working attitude but he might take some time to do up your cameras as he seems quite busy (or at least his workshop is filled with seemingly tons of stuff to work on!)

Can also chat with him about random photographic crap too. :bsmilie:

It'll be camera hospital at sunshine plaza. For anything, I would avoid TCW since their attitude is currently rather undesirable.

Steven of camera hospital is a nice experienced man with a good working attitude but he might take some time to do up your cameras as he seems quite busy (or at least his workshop is filled with seemingly tons of stuff to work on!)

Can also chat with him about random photographic crap too. :bsmilie:

yar , i think it 's not camera workshop. the ir regulars discussed it before. should be camera hospital.

And you may PM mousedeers.

He does conversion on nikon bodies.

My D70-IR (R72) was modded by him.

You guy know if d80 is modable?

I saw on the other thread mentioned d70 and d90 but did not mention d80

D80 is one of the easiest to mod. No soldering required. If you want to DIY I can send you some photos of a disassembled D80;)

Don't think I wanna diy.. My handicraft skills sucks haha.. I'm thinking of buying d90.. Do you guys think it is worth to sacrifice the anti dust layer?

Don't think I wanna diy.. My handicraft skills sucks haha.. I'm thinking of buying d90.. Do you guys think it is worth to sacrifice the anti dust layer?

Ah!!! You've found the Right man... bro Lowlights has a D90-IR for sale!

PM him ;) for info, and photo samples ;p

I'm looking forward to go full spectrum. I still wanna take photos in normal light.

I'm looking forward to go full spectrum. I still wanna take photos in normal light.

you will have IR contamination unless you use an ir blocking filter, i think... plus you will not be able to view anything through the VF when using IR filter..

D80 is a good IR camera

you will have IR contamination unless you use an ir blocking filter, i think... plus you will not be able to view anything through the VF when using IR filter..

Agree, a bit difficult to compose for filters with cut-off higher than 700nm.
But recently, there's a trend for full spectrum modifired cameras.

I just ordered an UV/IR blocking filter and a lot of other filters for full spectrum modified camera. Eagerly waiting to test. ;)

Where my 535??? CE:sticktong

if you wanna give it a try first, am letting go of my R72 modified D70, cheaper alternative... if you want full spectrum, all you have to do is have the current filter replaced by a full spectrum one...;)