Looking for product photographer

hanwei09

Sep 2, 2012
Singapore
Hi guys,

I'm looking for product photographer for my company's product. Details as follow.

Product: High pressure laminates sheet.
Measurement: 1.22m by 2.44m (0.8mm in thickness)
Quantity: approximately 20sheets

PM me for more details.

Hi guys,

I'm looking for product photographer for my company's product. Details as follow.

Product: High pressure laminates sheet.
Measurement: 1.22m by 2.44m (0.8mm in thickness)
Quantity: approximately 20sheets

PM me for more details.

hi, sent you email. thanks

The products mentioned need to be shot in a controlled lighting environment with special lighting rigs ....
Do more research before taking on project as it's not to waste anyone's time.
Just my 3 cents worth ... plus 26 years experience shooting ...

It still depends on how high a quality the client is expecting. In reference to their product brochures, are they expecting front cover quality or catalogue quality. If front cover quality I wouldn't mind throwing my hat in as well.

The products mentioned need to be shot in a controlled lighting environment with special lighting rigs ....
Do more research before taking on project as it's not to waste anyone's time.
Just my 3 cents worth ... plus 26 years experience shooting ...

It still depends on how high a quality the client is expecting. In reference to their product brochures, are they expecting front cover quality or catalogue quality. If front cover quality I wouldn't mind throwing my hat in as well.
TS asking to shoot the products at outdoor specifically.

I'm thinking photographers may need a tall ladder to shoot the laminates sheet individually, since the products can't stand on it own, it is not like a furniture, so have to lay flat on the ground.

what if client asking to have a group product photo? who will bring a cherry picker?

catchlights said:

I'm thinking photographers may need a tall ladder to shoot the laminates sheet individually, since the products can't stand on it own, it is not like a furniture, so have to lay flat on the ground.

what if client asking to have a group product photo? who will bring a cherry picker?

Haha, if client want then client pay loh. Pay for hazard too.

All clients and photographers must understand that there are no room for 'Just Try' ... Time & Effort = Money ...
The pictures must work and be usable...

Do you know how much reflections there are in shooting flat surfaces? You practically see yourself in the surface if its glossy.

I once turned down a $150,000 project shooting cars ...
Reason being i know i wasn't experienced enough and didn't want a lawsuit against me for wasting client's if cannot deliver.

Now after 20 years of experience, i'm 90% confident i can deliver.

Ask yourself how confident you are about doing this shoot for the laminate shoots ... Dont Play Play !!

Ohh !! I realized i mentioned 26 years photography experience initially.....
I left out my 6 years as straits times photographer ... :cool:

Photography is still fun and challenging even now ... :thumbsup:

Ohh !! I realized i mentioned 26 years photography experience initially.....
I left out my 6 years as straits times photographer ... :cool:

Photography is still fun and challenging even now ... :thumbsup:

we all know your concern but let client decide my friend...
grateful to share your experience and very overwhelming to know how many yrs you are in the industry...

for me i dont need to flaunt here ill just let client know my expertise :)
but in the need it's the client prerogative who to choose... :)

I dont think anyone is flaunting.

I think mo2 gives good perspective for clients and photographers alike.

Another concern is even if it is a piece by piece type of shoot, how does perspective and distortion goes. How will the exhibit be lit? Natural light sun? Flash? Mixed? How does shadow goes, will the cherry picker cast shadows? Outdoor shoots might come with its own set of problem (uncontrolled lighting conditions).

To non-industry people, hobbyists, and people charging $1, taking a picture is 1/250 of a second.

To the people in the know, preparation might be 250 days for that 1 day of shoot.

mo2 is right about what he said. What we don't know, doesn't meant don't exist. What looks like boring piece of laminate sheet to us, might be a product of research and money making tool for the company.

Kudos to those whom response ... Now it makes sense ...

I think all we hope are interested parties to ask the proper questions first. Commercial photographers have to be aware of many factors, some of what sjackel & mo2 have mentioned.

Please quote accordingly and help to educate client on the importance of quality. Thanks.

Hi guys,

Thanks for the overwhelming interest.
Sorry for the late reply. I have already sent my replies to all individuals.

As to what sjackel and mo2 have said, yes it will be a very tedious job.

Interesting Projects, have a chat! Call me Andrew

Hope the obe who drlivers gets the job not becos of price. Imagine if u cannot deliver the texture......