Looking for Product/Commercial Photographers - Round 1 Interviews

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear All,
We are looking for 4 photographers to submit their portfolios for the purpose of connecting clients with photographers whenever the need arises for certain commercial or advertorial work that these clients require.
The advertising agency you will submit this portfolio to is one of the best in Singapore and the region. Projects will include clients from mostly the top end of the commercial sectors or the general industry. There will also be projects which require images taken of products newly designed by various renowned designers or companies.
More information will be provided at the interview.

Please submit the following information in this thread.

Name:
Number of years of experience:
Recent Clients: (name two)
Website link: (if you have one. If not, you may submit email copies watermarked. PM me for email.)

The shortlist of candidates will be listed here and a formal interview will be scheduled here in this thread as well.

Our intention is to help many of you who are talented and aspiring photographers have this opportunity to work with the best in the industry. This is a good way of supplementing your income from another source.

Please note that the first round of selections will be based on photographic qualifications and experience, and therefore, of more stringent criteria. Subsequent selections will be open to many of you here with a lack of experience (but plenty of talent) but hope to be able to break into the industry.

Tentative dates for interview:
This Friday 17 Sept 2004.
The Fullerton Hotel.
5pm to 7pm - 6 slots.

Next Friday 24 Sept 2004
Swisotel The Westin.
5pm onwards - 6-8 slots.

Final Selection Interviews will be conducted thereafter, with the schedule to be announced soon.
Please feel free to submit your information/online portfolio. We are open to different styles and abilities.
Thank you.

J.A.

Hi,

tried to PM u too. Can have ur email or other contacts?

cheers

Just to update:

I was busy at a few meetings, just got back.

I have received many replies.
Don't worry just send me the information by PM.
I will list here only the Nick of the user and the time I schedule for the meeting(s).
The ad firm I will discuss with you when we meet. The first meeting is an informal one, so that we can explain to you what we need and you can tell us about yourselves. It is important to be able to establish a good impression at this first meeting. Be prepared.

Ok, send me the PMs. It seems most of you are comfortable with this way rather than to post here directly. I'm fine with it. Just PM me, I will pick 4, and will list it here.
Do note that I have got two photogs (one Swiss and one from HK) meeting me already so I have had to drop the quota for Clubsnap to 4.

On a personal note, I would like to add that my interest in in helping fellow photographers in Singapore have a good opening and outlet for your skills/talents. The rest is up to you to deliver. Those who know me understand my intentions are usually more for sharing contacts and cultivating others' interest than for anything else. "You qian da jia zhuan" As the chinese saying goes, got money everybody also got share to earn.

So please feel free to drop me your info.
Cheers!
J.A.

Just a quick update:

The Fullerton Hotel, The Courtyard.
5pm to 7pm

5pm - AJ 23

7pm - imagine

Next Friday 24 Sept 2004
Swisotel The Westin.
5pm onwards - 6-8 slots.

Just a quick update:

5pm to 7pm

5.00pm - AJ 23
5.30pm -
6.00pm -
6.30pm -
7.00pm - imagine

Next Friday 24 Sept 2004
Swisotel The Westin.
5pm onwards - 6-8 slots.

Friday 17 Sept 2004.
5pm to 7pm

5.00pm - AJ 23
5.30pm -
6.00pm -
6.30pm -
7.00pm - imagine

Next Friday 24 Sept 2004
Swisotel The Westin.
5pm onwards - 6-8 slots.

Friday 17 Sept 2004.
5pm to 7pm

5.00pm - AJ 23
5.30pm -
6.00pm - ProI Danny
6.30pm - Tim
7.00pm - imagine

Tomorrow's agenda would be to meet and get to know each other, but also to consolidate the best 10-20 pictures for portfolio submission the next time I meet you.
Please bring your best pictures either in soft copy or prints.

Next Friday 24 Sept 2004
Swisotel The Westin.
5pm onwards - 6-8 slots.

Friday 17 Sept 2004.
5pm to 7pm

5.00pm - AJ 23
5.30pm -
6.00pm - Tim
6.30pm - ProI Danny
7.00pm - imagine

Tomorrow's agenda would be to meet and get to know each other, but also to consolidate the best 10-20 pictures for portfolio submission the next time I meet you.

Next Friday 24 Sept 2004
Swisotel The Westin.
5pm onwards - 6-8 slots.

5pm to 7pm
<FULL>
5.00pm - AJ 23
5.30pm - S.E.
6.00pm - Tim
6.30pm - ProI Danny
7.00pm - imagine

Next Friday 24 Sept 2004
Swisotel The Westin.
5pm onwards - 6-8 slots.

FINALIZED
5pm to 7pm
<FULL>
5.00pm - AJ 23
5.30pm - S.E.
6.00pm - Tim
6.30pm - ProI Danny
7.00pm - imagine

Today's agenda would be to meet and get to know each other, but also to consolidate the best 10-20 pictures for portfolio submission the next time I meet you.

Thanks all those who made it for your attention and time. I had a good impression of a couple of you. The next round will be posted in another thread. Those who could not make it this time, please feel free to submit your information to me by next Wed 22 Sept.
In total, I have only got four more slots left.
I can only pick the best four, or if failing that, best two or three, and will search elsewhere for talents. I can only open the road for you to connect to this line, the rest of the hard work depends on you.
J

Status
Not open for further replies.