Looking for point and shoot camera for girls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zerox Millienium

Aug 13, 2008
Any recommendations that suit girls' taste? Small, light, trendy and still shoot exceptional clear photos?

Budget up to 500 bucks.

Maybe wide angle is the other thing that is important, decent amount of optical zoom too.

Cheers.

maybe u can try out sony compact cam
the colour is quite gd
tat my opinion haha
or u can go courts and try out which is nicer
they have the whole range of camera there
hope it helps :)

Try Sony T77 or T700, whichever one have the rounded edges...

check out www.dpreview.com

they recently had a few comparison tests in 2 different P&S price categories. Very thorough reviews - don't need to check more or read somewhere else

Most girls I know had a Sony compact cam. Guess they love the chic design of the cams and the performance seems to be pretty good. The T77 is one of the most popular cam now.

What's your usage like? If like some girls you like to go to the beach or lounge at the poolside, than get the Oly 1030/1050. Nice picture, good colour and water proof. It even comes in pink :)

I vote Sony too... their compact are just so Kawaii-ne... so small so shiny so chic ;)

Canon Ixus 870IS or the Canon Powershot E1 for the cutesy look

Go for the NIKON P80, its a good camera with enough zoom and wide and lots of gifts to enable you to shoot the very 1st minute that you get the camera. PM me if you are interested as I have 1 to let go that suits your budget.

For gals and the budget your specified, the Canon range would be the best. IXUS70IS in particular (or whatever it has been upgraded into now). Another good option is the Fuji F100fd.

Why these 2? They are both rather chic/smart looking cameras. Also both cameras, if I'm not mistaken, have an optical image stabiliser built in, in a lot of indoor situations, casual photographers like to shoot 'natural light w/o flash' ... without the benefit of IS, you'll get a higher proportion of blurred shots. (It may look ok in the small preview screen but when u get back and view on your comp... quite often you'll see a couple of blurred shots) Lastly I like Canon and Fuji compacts (only those fuji with Super CCD) because I like how they handle overall exposure and noise reduction automatically.

:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.