Looking for mini DV camcorder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zplus

Mar 16, 2002
Some equitorial, tropical isle
Hi all,

Looking for a camcorder with mini DV and optical image stabilization. Any good recommendations? Open to HD also - but dont know much about this new format yet.

I saw a post a few threads back that suggested the Panasonic NV-GS500. Is this still a good buy?

Budget below $2k

Thanks!;)

Recommend the Panasonic GS-300.
Small, light, and pro enough if you wanna add in microphones and/or additional lights.

I use Panasonic for years, the MX-500 use every other day for 2 years, dropped twice from height and still doesn't spoil.

Don't drop it on purpose though.

Recommend the Panasonic GS-300.
Small, light, and pro enough if you wanna add in microphones and/or additional lights.

I use Panasonic for years, the MX-500 use every other day for 2 years, dropped twice from height and still doesn't spoil.

Don't drop it on purpose though.

Thanks for the reply. I only found the Panasonic GS-320 (S$980) but they took out the mic jack. So now I am wondering if that is still a good buy.

The shops all tell me the GS-500 is already out of production. :(

Still looking

How about do you consider Canon HV20, which is a HD mini-DV camcorder?

lwm said:
How about do you consider Canon HV20, which is a HD mini-DV camcorder?

AxeLa said:
Got 1 NV GS 500 for sale..$850/= Mint condition, pm me for details...6 mths old...let me noe...

Yes! I just noticed the Canon HV20 camcorder a few days back. Picture quality seems to be very good and its already HD. So I am seriously considering this. So looks like I will skip SD miniDV and start looking at HD miniDV.

What's the best price for the HV20 right now?:)

Yes! I just noticed the Canon HV20 camcorder a few days back. Picture quality seems to be very good and its already HD. So I am seriously considering this. So looks like I will skip SD miniDV and start looking at HD miniDV.

What's the best price for the HV20 right now?:)
See here:
http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=285412

Status
Not open for further replies.